Florida Moms

_Kissy_
Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated
by _Kissy_
October 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

Replies

• ms-superwoman
    October 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Speaks to his character IMO

This

• godotherightthi
    October 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Taking questions from children is very near the bottom of my list for qualifications in a world leader.

• CABZS
    by CABZS
    October 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM

But the President needs to deal w/adults; not children.

How he talks to children does nothing for me.  And doing this appearance doesn't show me either candidate cares about education.

I care more about other things, like the fact that nobody gives a crap all the times Obama said no to other world leaders.  Why isn't that a big deal yet Romney saying no to kids is?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.

• CABZS
    by CABZS
    October 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Apparently not.

Apparently turning down quite a few meetings w/other leaders is at the bottom of the list while meeting w/children is at the top of the list.

Quoting godotherightthi:

Taking questions from children is very near the bottom of my list for qualifications in a world leader.

• quickbooksworm
    October 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Quoting CABZS:

How he talks to children does nothing for me.  And doing this appearance doesn't show me either candidate cares about education.

I care more about other things, like the fact that nobody gives a crap all the times Obama said no to other world leaders.  Why isn't that a big deal yet Romney saying no to kids is?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.

• DOllfACE-
    October 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I think the concept of children picking the president is AMAZING! I wish more stations did this!

• corrinacs
    October 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Well said.  That's not his "job".  That's the Secretary of State's job to handle foriegn relations!  That's the JOB TITLE :).  Thank you for hammering on that one :).

Quoting quickbooksworm:

We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

• CABZS
    by CABZS
    October 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

It is our President's job to meet w/World Leaders, to build relations with them.

According to a few & according to a few in Obama's party he has failed at this.

Nobody ever said he had to make every meeting, but should be doing more than what he has done.

Golfing & fundraising are not reasons to turn down meetings.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

• jjessers
    October 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    I agree

Quoting Mandi1215:

Okay, so Romney could have participated in this "fun" event for the kids, it was a good opportunity to show his playful side or not he may not have one which is okay with me, my President doesn't need to be smiling and friendly, he just needs to know how to run this country.

I don't see why this is a huge deal to you Obama supporters, but you overlook Obama's lack of meeting up with World Leaders and attending his daily intelligence briefings......seriously overlooking the big picture here people!!!

• strictmomhere
    October 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Romney is a POS

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts