Derry. Anyone live there? Pros? Cons?

Replies

• jennient3
    January 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    What reasons??
    Ive never been
  • 143myboys9496
    January 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Depends on what you're looking for. If it's schools, I can't tell you anything about the K-8. When we moved here 6 yrs ago, Pinkerton was on our list of schools, they were "busting at the seams" according to the Headmaster.

I've only seen the part that touches Londonderry...

• AmesCSki
    Amy
    January 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    Don't know too much about it...I've got some friends who go to church there, that's the extent of it. Good luck with your decision making!!!
  • xomrs.chase
    January 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    Lol pinkerton is our reason. It blows most other nh schools away.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Depends on what you're looking for. If it's schools, I can't tell you anything about the K-8. When we moved here 6 yrs ago, Pinkerton was on our list of schools, they were "busting at the seams" according to the Headmaster.

• xomrs.chase
    January 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    Pinkerton Academy.

Quoting jennient3:

What reasons??

Ive never been
  • whooperz
    January 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    My husband wants to move to derry as well. He's an electrician and has worked on some beautiful homes there.
  • xomrs.chase
    January 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    My dad is an electrician :)

House prices aren't bad! I wonder what taxes are like

Quoting whooperz:

My husband wants to move to derry as well. He's an electrician and has worked on some beautiful homes there.
  • whooperz
    January 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Probably awful. Lol

Quoting xomrs.chase:

My dad is an electrician :)

House prices aren't bad! I wonder what taxes are like

Quoting whooperz:

• 143myboys9496
    January 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Oh without a doubt it does. But call, and ask about space. It's a super huge school, like 3000 students. So competitions to play sports is rather significant.

We were moving because of an over filled high school, so I wanted one with space.

Londonderry, schools are awesome as well. They have a wonderful reputation. It was my #1B (Pinkerton was #1A)...but the 3 houses I loved were either off the market or sold when we finally sold our MA house. That's how we ended up in Litchfield. Their high school is built for either 2000 or 2200 students and they were not near capacity 6 years ago.

Plaistow---over filled

Pinkerton---"busting at the seams"

Londonderry---no house

Hudson---reminded me too much of where I was leaving

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

• xomrs.chase
    January 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Yeah ds is only 13mo so we have a way to go, but with the recent issues with our condo our house hunting is becoming more serious. We want him to go to the same district all throughout- so we are looking at HS mainly. I will give them a call

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Oh without a doubt it does. But call, and ask about space. It's a super huge school, like 3000 students. So competitions to play sports is rather significant.

We were moving because of an over filled high school, so I wanted one with space.

Londonderry, schools are awesome as well. They have a wonderful reputation. It was my #1B (Pinkerton was #1A)...but the 3 houses I loved were either off the market or sold when we finally sold our MA house. That's how we ended up in Litchfield. Their high school is built for either 2000 or 2200 students and they were not near capacity 6 years ago.

Plaistow---over filled

Pinkerton---"busting at the seams"

Londonderry---no house

Hudson---reminded me too much of where I was leaving

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

New Hampshire Moms