New Hampshire Moms

lillucky8
donations
Jen
November 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Did anyone donate to a food bank for thanksgiving? Or sponsor a family? I want to look into sponsoring a family but i dont know where to look, i also want to for xmas. We dont have much, but there are plenty that have less.

Replies

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    I did give food to my work, we puy together thanksgiving baskets for some of my patients that need them, i work with the geriatric population so many go without.
  • jennient3
    November 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

our schools collect canned goods, we did that

and many supermarkets especially hannaford

have buy a meal for a family, (not sure if thts really what its called) and I will do that this weekend when I go shopping

• lasombrs
    November 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I put some things in the food bank bin at hannafords when we can. What area are you in again? There is a food pantry that we go to in Nottingham at a church and they may be able to set you up with an actual family to sponsor. I was so sad to see a new lady that came last tuesday leave after meat part because she had 7 small children with her all looking at the bakery stuff and another women yelled at her only 1 family member was allowed to stand at the tables, so she left before it was time to take anything because people were rude to her. Broke my heart but i couldnt get her to stay :(

• Crissy2424
    November 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM

There was a box for the Food Bank at my work and I did donate to it. We always give change to the salvation army too.

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Im in manchester. Ill have to look into it. Thanks!

Quoting lasombrs:

I put some things in the food bank bin at hannafords when we can. What area are you in again? There is a food pantry that we go to in Nottingham at a church and they may be able to set you up with an actual family to sponsor. I was so sad to see a new lady that came last tuesday leave after meat part because she had 7 small children with her all looking at the bakery stuff and another women yelled at her only 1 family member was allowed to stand at the tables, so she left before it was time to take anything because people were rude to her. Broke my heart but i couldnt get her to stay :(

• 143myboys9496
    November 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

The only way I've ever known to sponsor a family for Thanksgiving is thru church.

At work we sponsor a family thru HAVEN, for Christmas. HAVEN is a program for abused women/moms.

New Hampshire Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN