New Hampshire Moms

lillucky8
donations
Jen
November 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Did anyone donate to a food bank for thanksgiving? Or sponsor a family? I want to look into sponsoring a family but i dont know where to look, i also want to for xmas. We dont have much, but there are plenty that have less.

Replies

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    I did give food to my work, we puy together thanksgiving baskets for some of my patients that need them, i work with the geriatric population so many go without.
  • jennient3
    November 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

our schools collect canned goods, we did that

and many supermarkets especially hannaford

have buy a meal for a family, (not sure if thts really what its called) and I will do that this weekend when I go shopping

• lasombrs
    November 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I put some things in the food bank bin at hannafords when we can. What area are you in again? There is a food pantry that we go to in Nottingham at a church and they may be able to set you up with an actual family to sponsor. I was so sad to see a new lady that came last tuesday leave after meat part because she had 7 small children with her all looking at the bakery stuff and another women yelled at her only 1 family member was allowed to stand at the tables, so she left before it was time to take anything because people were rude to her. Broke my heart but i couldnt get her to stay :(

• Crissy2424
    November 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM

There was a box for the Food Bank at my work and I did donate to it. We always give change to the salvation army too.

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Im in manchester. Ill have to look into it. Thanks!

Quoting lasombrs:

I put some things in the food bank bin at hannafords when we can. What area are you in again? There is a food pantry that we go to in Nottingham at a church and they may be able to set you up with an actual family to sponsor. I was so sad to see a new lady that came last tuesday leave after meat part because she had 7 small children with her all looking at the bakery stuff and another women yelled at her only 1 family member was allowed to stand at the tables, so she left before it was time to take anything because people were rude to her. Broke my heart but i couldnt get her to stay :(

• 143myboys9496
    November 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

The only way I've ever known to sponsor a family for Thanksgiving is thru church.

At work we sponsor a family thru HAVEN, for Christmas. HAVEN is a program for abused women/moms.

New Hampshire Moms