New Hampshire Moms

Karen_Dover
Do You Vaccinate Your Child?
October 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Many parents in New Hampshire already opt out of vaccinating their children and cite various medical or religious reasons, but the number of parents who don't vaccinate will probably rise if a bill being pushed by NH Rep. George Lambert is passed. The bill would allow parents to exempt themselves from vaccinating their children based on conscientious beliefs.

Several other states in the country allow parents to use conscientious beliefs as an excuse to skip vaccinations, including Washington, Vermont and California. This allows parents to bypass signing off on a religious waiver. Only children with serious medical conditions can use a medical issue to get out of vaccinations.

I just can't get behind the anti-vaccination mindset. I mean, it's been disproven that vaccines cause Autism, and what they are protecting against is so much worse than any other adverse issues that might arise from a vaccination. I'm a big fan of herd immunity and keeping horrific diseases out of the general population. Washington State, one of the opt-out states, has had recent issues with Whooping Cough outbreaks, caused by parents not vaccinating their children.

Do you vaccinate your children? If not, why?

©istockphoto.com/surabky

Replies

• Crissy2424
    October 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I too would like to hear reasons not to vax.

• ckroch
    by ckroch
    October 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    This picture frightens me. That's 2mls drawn up. You never give 2ml IM injection in the deltoid, ESPECiALLY for a child!
  • Karen_Dover
    October 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I wouldn't worry, the syringe is probably just full of air, so it's TOTALLY safe. HA!

Quoting ckroch:

This picture frightens me. That's 2mls drawn up. You never give 2ml IM injection in the deltoid, ESPECiALLY for a child!

• jennient3
    October 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    My son had reaction to the flu shot. I do not do it anymore, I have done pretty much everything on a slower scale, I never did more than two at a time, I also have not done the hpv one cause its too new. I believe in them just not doing to much at once.

Quoting Crissy2424:

• Crissy2424
    October 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

That makes sense if it is going to make your child very sick. I am more curious if the child would have no reaction to a vax, but the parents still say no.

Quoting jennient3:

My son had reaction to the flu shot. I do not do it anymore, I have done pretty much everything on a slower scale, I never did more than two at a time, I also have not done the hpv one cause its too new. I believe in them just not doing to much at once.

Quoting Crissy2424:

• lillucky8
    Jen
    October 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    I selective vax on a schedule i have made.
  • jennient3
    October 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Well some believe its toxins, some believe it causes autism . I think they help, but I am never quick to jump on anything new without knowing possible side effects and how dangerous the actual sickness is. Also even though my child was immunized against whooping cough he got it, so they don't always work. But for me and my family I do what's best for us and never try to preach my beliefs

Quoting Crissy2424:

That makes sense if it is going to make your child very sick. I am more curious if the child would have no reaction to a vax, but the parents still say no.

Quoting jennient3:

Quoting Crissy2424:

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    October 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I used to, until I did further research on the ingredients of vaccines, their failure rates, and research natural ways to boost your immunity, etc.

There is a group (link below) that you can get more information from. There is also a forum for the undecided. They do not judge there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388

• themomof3boys
    October 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I have vax all my boys....my oldest one didn't get the megnitis vax though.  

• lasombrs
    October 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I would have loved to not do them all. But they stopped my son from going to school even with a note from his doctor so we had to do the ones I didn't want to do :(

New Hampshire Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts