North Carolina Moms

kaylasmom22
Hi I am new and looking to move to NC
January 2 at 8:57 PM

I am considering movint to NC in a year or 2 but I am doing as much research as possible. Good schools are important to me, dd is 6 right now and her education is priority. I would like an idea of a "to do" list of things I would have to do before moving. Find a job, apartment so on and on. How did you guys decided to move and how did you do it? Thanks 

Replies

• m.garcia21
    January 3 at 12:28 PM
    What part are you moving too?
  • kaylasmom22
    January 3 at 1:17 PM
    Um looking into the Winston-Salem are.

Quoting m.garcia21: What part are you moving too?
  • m.garcia21
    January 3 at 1:20 PM
    Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

Quoting kaylasmom22: Um looking into the Winston-Salem are.

• all2gethernow
    January 3 at 1:21 PM
    I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
  • kaylasmom22
    January 3 at 1:25 PM
    I don't know anyone in NC,im just tired of NYC

Quoting m.garcia21: Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

• kaylasmom22
    January 3 at 1:26 PM
    Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
  • m.garcia21
    January 3 at 1:32 PM
    Well nc is a preety calm place. I think its a great place to rise kids im originally from california and they had an awful school system. I went to school in sc and it was great. Im sure nc schools arent bad etheir.

Quoting kaylasmom22: I don't know anyone in NC,im just tired of NYC

Quoting m.garcia21: Oh ive bn there just went there last week actually. Idk much about the area tou. Will you be moving with a friend or family member?

• all2gethernow
    January 3 at 1:44 PM
    We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

Quoting all2gethernow: I moved here 3 years ago. We are in Durham. I adore it. I'm from big bad Baltimore-this place is laid back, diverse, active, and weather and jobs are good cost of living is cheap-compared to Baltimore. We are homeschoolers, so I don't know much about the school system other then they have tons of magnet and charters here.
  • kaylasmom22
    January 3 at 1:53 PM
    NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

Quoting kaylasmom22: Is Durham far from Winston Salem? And I'm coming fromm a big city too. I just need to learn to drive before moving lol

• all2gethernow
    January 3 at 1:55 PM
    Yeah, it will definitely be different the NYC:)
    What kind of job???? Just you and your child/ren?

Quoting kaylasmom22: NYC but I'm so scare,I mean I'm excited to start over but I'm scared about it all. I don't know how to start,I know I have to find a job first but its just so much to do

Quoting all2gethernow: We are about an hour east. We have a home in Asheville, so we travel thru Winston Salem quite a bit. Where are you coming from??

North Carolina Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN