North Carolina Moms

Cafe AmyB
Welcome to North Carolina Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!
January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you for joining North Carolina Moms!

Meet moms from your area, share events and happenings and get to know others from around North Carolina. 

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day ~AmyB

Here are some helpful links:

Replies

• regian19832002
    July 7 at 5:56 PM

Hello my name is Regina I have 2 boys 14 and 7 

• 14LVL
    by 14LVL
    July 8 at 4:56 PM
    Hi Tammy...

Where in Maine are you? We moved to Raleigh last August from Maine. We love it!

Quoting btamilee:

Hi.....my name is Tammy.  I am not an *official* North Carolina mom.....yet!  My hubby excepted a job transfer at the GE plant in Wilmington, back in September.  My youngest daughter and I are still in Maine.   She is a junior in HIgh School, and we are still trying to decide if  when school lets out here in June if we will make the final move.    That would mean she would have to spend her Senior year at a new school.  Tough decision for us all.  She misses her dad a great deal, but I know it will be a difficult transition for her.  We did purchase a house in Hampstead, and we have been able to visit two times since in the past six months.  We both really loved the area, and the thought of not having to deal with snow and cold in the winter sounds like heaven!   My oldest daughter is married and lives here in Maine.

• btamilee
    July 8 at 7:25 PM

We are from a small town not too far from Bangor!  :-)

Quoting 14LVL: Hi Tammy... Where in Maine are you? We moved to Raleigh last August from Maine. We love it!
    Quoting btamilee:

Hi.....my name is Tammy.  I am not an *official* North Carolina mom.....yet!  My hubby excepted a job transfer at the GE plant in Wilmington, back in September.  My youngest daughter and I are still in Maine.   She is a junior in HIgh School, and we are still trying to decide if  when school lets out here in June if we will make the final move.    That would mean she would have to spend her Senior year at a new school.  Tough decision for us all.  She misses her dad a great deal, but I know it will be a difficult transition for her.  We did purchase a house in Hampstead, and we have been able to visit two times since in the past six months.  We both really loved the area, and the thought of not having to deal with snow and cold in the winter sounds like heaven!   My oldest daughter is married and lives here in Maine.

• cheleskids
    July 11 at 9:02 PM
    Hi! I'm Michele & have been a NC native my entire life. I've been happily married 18 years & have 4 kids (1 which is step daughter & a college graduate). I'm also a SAHM & homeschool 2 of the 3 kids still at home.
  • cheleskids
    July 11 at 9:04 PM
    I know how you feel. We will be moving to VA this summer. Even though I homeschool our 16 DD, she doesn't want to leave her friends. She will be a junior thus fall.

Quoting btamilee:

Quoting 14LVL: Hi Tammy... Where in Maine are you? We moved to Raleigh last August from Maine. We love it!
    Quoting btamilee:

• btamilee
    July 11 at 9:52 PM

Thought I would update you from my previous post.  Our daughter made the decision to remain in Maine for her Senior year.  She had the wonderful opportunity to work as a PA on the set of an Independent Film for the entire month of August that was filmed in Maine.  We all made it through a VERY LONG year.  After many plane trips down to NC during her Senior Year....we went back to Maine for her graduation in June.  She is now down here in NC with us for the summer.  She will be heading out to Los Angles in Sept for Film School.  Rough...year.  I am not sure it is something I would ever wish upon anyone.  In the end...it worked out, but it was NOT easy.  Very proud of our daughter, and she matured in ways that most 17 year old kids never have the chance to experience.  Good luck to youl...and keep the communication open.  That will be help.

Quoting cheleskids: I know how you feel. We will be moving to VA this summer. Even though I homeschool our 16 DD, she doesn't want to leave her friends. She will be a junior thus fall.
    Quoting btamilee:

Quoting btamilee:

• KeepOnTryin
    July 11 at 10:09 PM
    Hey everybody. I'm Melissa. I've lived in Asheville my entire life. I married my high school sweetheart and we have two children, a 19 year old boy and a 16 year old girl. It's nice to meet you guys!
  • Lisa_in_NC
    August 5 at 6:28 PM

Hello all,

I am a married mother of two wonderful boys.  I am currently working and going to school.  I live in Asheboro near the NC Zoo.  I look forward to meeting more NC Mom's. 

• Heather12381
    August 6 at 11:28 AM

Hello!  I am Heather!  I live in Mooresville, NC!  We have two daughters ages 6 and 8!

North Carolina Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts