North Carolina Moms

MamaFrankie
Childcare
January 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you ladies would be able to help me figure out how the daycare scene works down in Raleigh region.

I havea 5 years old autistic son who will be in full time school so I don't have an issue with him being cared for, but my 1 month old daughter is who I'd need someone to watch while I go to work 9-5, DH will more then likely be working similar hours and be home at night so I can go to night classes.

How much is the average daycare in the region for an infant ball park range. I been googling ALOT but nothing really comes up price wise. I know hiring a private sitter / SAHM would be cheaper but I do not know ANYONE down here.

Replies

• MamaFrankie
    January 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    Bump
  • NatalieMH
    January 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    If you want to find a private sitter, maybe you could use care.com? I have had lots of luck with that!

I have someone who watches my kids in my home and we "nanny share". So we have a few other kids who she also watches at our house occasionally....but it is more of a drop in situation. I pay her $200 a week for M-Th.
  • JustThe10ofUs
    January 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    It's been so long since we've used daycare...i have no idea.
  • MamaFrankie
    January 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    Thank you I didn't know about that website.

Quoting NatalieMH:

If you want to find a private sitter, maybe you could use care.com? I have had lots of luck with that!

I have someone who watches my kids in my home and we "nanny share". So we have a few other kids who she also watches at our house occasionally....but it is more of a drop in situation. I pay her $200 a week for M-Th.
  • MamaFrankie
    January 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    Been 5 yrs since I needed it too and boy oh boy has prices skyrocketed

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

It's been so long since we've used daycare...i have no idea.
  • mamivon2
    January 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Bumer you live so far..

• IncognitoOne
    January 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have no clue. When I worked, I worked 3 12 hour shifts....so I only needed a sitter for 8 hours one day a week. She was a friend and I paid her $25 and we made sure she had food she liked in our house, lol.

I haven't worked since I was 8 months pregnant with my 4.5 year old. 

• Rain2Rinse
    January 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    Awww, too bad you will be 2 hours away. I adore little babies. I guess check online? Be careful, though. Do your research!
  • NatalieMH
    January 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Yeah, check it out. You can get background checks on people. You do have to pay a monthly fee, but it was well worth it for me! I interviewed 9 different sitters and got background checks on all of them.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting NatalieMH:

• MamaFrankie
    January 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    I'm really scared of sitters that aren't referred by family bc up here in jersey it was on the news that in Manhattan a nanny stabbed/ murdered a two yrs old and 4 yrs old she was watching then killed herself in front of the mother. I def have trust issues as is so imagine what that story did lol

Quoting NatalieMH:

Yeah, check it out. You can get background checks on people. You do have to pay a monthly fee, but it was well worth it for me! I interviewed 9 different sitters and got background checks on all of them.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting NatalieMH:

North Carolina Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN