North Carolina Moms

MamaFrankie
Childcare
January 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you ladies would be able to help me figure out how the daycare scene works down in Raleigh region.

I havea 5 years old autistic son who will be in full time school so I don't have an issue with him being cared for, but my 1 month old daughter is who I'd need someone to watch while I go to work 9-5, DH will more then likely be working similar hours and be home at night so I can go to night classes.

How much is the average daycare in the region for an infant ball park range. I been googling ALOT but nothing really comes up price wise. I know hiring a private sitter / SAHM would be cheaper but I do not know ANYONE down here.

Replies

• jrunner25
    January 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    I actually worked at a daycare in the past, and I was NOT impressed by what I found. I'm not sure where you're located, but East Wind Nannies is a nanny placement agency and they have locations in Columbus, Philadelphia, pittsburgh, and chicago. Their website is www.eastwindnannies.com. Good luck!
  • Bknotnobody
    January 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    I pay $40 a day for five days a week. So $800 a month for a babysitter. She's 19:-)

When I looked I found stuff like 25-30 bucks a day. I think.
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    February 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Best of luck to you. Finding the bast sich for your kids is hard... ESP when you are new to the area. 

North Carolina Moms