North Carolina Moms

MamaFrankie
Childcare
January 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you ladies would be able to help me figure out how the daycare scene works down in Raleigh region.

I havea 5 years old autistic son who will be in full time school so I don't have an issue with him being cared for, but my 1 month old daughter is who I'd need someone to watch while I go to work 9-5, DH will more then likely be working similar hours and be home at night so I can go to night classes.

How much is the average daycare in the region for an infant ball park range. I been googling ALOT but nothing really comes up price wise. I know hiring a private sitter / SAHM would be cheaper but I do not know ANYONE down here.

Replies

• jrunner25
    January 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    I actually worked at a daycare in the past, and I was NOT impressed by what I found. I'm not sure where you're located, but East Wind Nannies is a nanny placement agency and they have locations in Columbus, Philadelphia, pittsburgh, and chicago. Their website is www.eastwindnannies.com. Good luck!
  • Bknotnobody
    January 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    I pay $40 a day for five days a week. So $800 a month for a babysitter. She's 19:-)

When I looked I found stuff like 25-30 bucks a day. I think.
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    February 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Best of luck to you. Finding the bast sich for your kids is hard... ESP when you are new to the area. 

North Carolina Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts