North Carolina Moms

AmberDoty
Post-debate, Romney Accused of Flip-flopping: What's Your Take on Last Night's Presidential Debate?
October 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

The first debate is over and voters have finally gotten a chance to see the two candidates go head-to-head on domestic issues. Debate moderator Jim Lehrer urged President Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney to specify their differences on the issues in their answers in order to highlight what Americans can expect from each candidate as president that would be different from their opponent.

Political pundits are weighing in today on each candidate's performance and the vast majority believe that Romney, who seemed much more invigorated than Obama last night, has won this first debate. While Romney sits back and soaks up the praise, the Obama campaign has been quick to point out that the Romney America saw behind that podium last night was not the candidate that has been on the campaign trail for the past few months.

"Ultimately, presidential races, unlike any other race, get down to character. They get down to the character of the man or woman and the character of their convictions: Do they mean what they say and will they do what they say," Vice President Joe Biden said at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa. "What I find fascinating, though, is that on nearly every issue, they don't tell you what they are for anymore, and they deliberately misrepresent what they say we are for. You saw it again last night in the debate."

President Obama also weighed in at a post-debate rally. "Gov. Romney may dance around his positions but if you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth," he said.

Romney has been accused of misrepresenting his stance on the national debt, education, and outsourcing. When asked to detail a way he would lower the debt and decrease spending the former Governor said that he would cut funding to PBS. 

The next debate is scheduled for Oct. 11 at Centre College in Danville, Ky. where Vice President Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face-off. The next presidential debate will take place on Oct. 16. 

Did you watch last night's debate? Which candidate do you think won? Did you find Mitt Romney to be devoid of honesty?

Photo credit: wikipedia

Replies

• JustThe10ofUs
    October 5, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Um...they are politicians....they are all devoid of complete honesty.  lol  I loved Romney last night...I think he did an amazing job.  He drove home the point that we cannot afford 4 more years of waste.  Period.  I'm looking forward to the Biden/Ryan debate!!  

• 4kidz916
    October 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Politicians are going to say what people want to hear.  Obama has done the same.  

• Chevygirl0617
    October 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I think Romney did a great job, and Obama was ill-prepared, hence all this talk afterwards about Romney lying and misrepresenting himself. 

• SpiritedWitch
    October 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Okay, I have been watching all the talk about it and what I saw was Obama bored and not wanting to be there so he gave the debate to Romney. This was a mistake and will cost him votes. 

Romney came across as oily and sleazy as usual. 

All politicians are liars and you can't trust a damn thing any of them say. 

• mom_to_travis
    October 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I LOL'd at the description of Romney as "invigorated".  Yes, he was certainly that!  I think he had a LOT of Red Bull before hand!  He really was a totally different "Mitt Romney", with a whole new set of positions, too!  I think he was catering to moderates, and to those people out there who may not have been paying attention until the debate.  Unfortunately for him, more of us HAVE been paying attention and we are well aware that what he claimed as his stances on many issues during the debate is NOT what he has been saying on the campaign trail for the last year and a half.   He also failed to provide any more substance or specifics, and let's be honest...he was just downright rude and disrespectful to poor old Jim Lehrer.

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    October 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM
    Romney is such an ass!
    He was just awful! Rude! Kept interrupting.
  • mom2jessnky
    October 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Romney should be a used car sales man, he'd be good at that, and it's far less harmful than running the country.

• 12yrmama
    October 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I think Romney was well perpared because he has been trained to debate and win for the past 6mos, Obama has been running our country and, may have, alittle more on his plate.

Obama was not the energized man he was 4yrs ago. Thats sad but true. He is still my pick for president because I am better now. My friends are better. Equal rights, military, education are better. He couldn't have fixed the world in 4 yrs, no president has. He's at least steering us in the right direction.

• celestegood
    October 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    I knew this four years ago. He's just a man! Not God, and he can't fix it all in four years. I think he is doing a great job, considering.

Quoting 12yrmama:

I think Romney was well perpared because he has been trained to debate and win for the past 6mos, Obama has been running our country and, may have, alittle more on his plate.

Obama was not the energized man he was 4yrs ago. Thats sad but true. He is still my pick for president because I am better now. My friends are better. Equal rights, military, education are better. He couldn't have fixed the world in 4 yrs, no president has. He's at least steering us in the right direction.

• celestegood
    October 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    LMAO

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Romney should be a used car sales man, he'd be good at that, and it's far less harmful than running the country.

North Carolina Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts