Pennsylvania Moms

Dona127
Rain Rain go away! Come back another day........
by Dona127
July 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I'm really getting tired of all this rain we've been having.  It's a bit too much where is all the sunshine?   This is summer time we're supposed to be having a great time.  Swimming, camping, going on vacation, walking in the woods and watching the fireworks!  

Where is the Sunshine???umbrellaDona127

Replies

• MichelleMc
    July 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I don't know & it is a lot for June/July. And it is hard & heavy causing so much damage to plants/gardens/driveway & yards. It has rained everyday since Tuesday ( including Tuesday ). It says it is to rain everyday til Saturday too. Right now it is overcast & the wind is enough to get the trees going. So we will see. It was so bad that most people didn't even set up at the fair this year. It is the lowest amount of people there. They said a lot of people said what is the point, so never came to set up. It is half a ghost town. People are coming & all, but the vendors, people setting up things, etc. Just aren't there. 

• steelcrazy
    July 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I guess that I've been lucky, the only real rained out day that I've had was Sunday.  All of the other days, we've had plenty of rain free time during the day to be outside, swimming, playing, etc.  I'm happy with all of the rain because I haven't had to water my plants in a good long time.

• lizfnf
    by lizfnf
    July 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I know!  This summer is feeling like such a washout.  Our community days are this week and it's not looking so good for it.  I'm so tired of rain and clouds.

• lalasmama2007
    July 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I was just reading that June's 10+ inches of rain broke a 75 year record in my area for the most rain during the month of June.

• MichelleMc
    July 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yeah the flood warnings & streams rising. The hard downpours are so bad for crops. People have had such small windows to cut grass, but then hope you have a good enough tractor because the ground is so soaky. It is just a mess. 

Today it isn't raining yet, which is shocking. But we are to have thunderstorms again today. 

And not just PA, our call volume at work is THROUGH THE ROOF with non stop my receiver is fried now becuase of the storm or I unplugged everything and now it won't work ( the certain system doesn't like being unplugged, especially when they unplug everything ) and we have to troubleshoot that or the wind & storms have moved the dish. So it is just been insane. 

I mean we even had a hail storm the other day. Just crazy!

• steelcrazy
    July 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Wow!  That is an insane amount of rain.  My area had a little over 5" of rain in June.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I was just reading that June's 10+ inches of rain broke a 75 year record in my area for the most rain during the month of June.

• TerriC
    by TerriC
    July 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I could not agree more.  This is crazy!

• Dona127
    by Dona127
    July 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It's been very cloudy out this morning.  We did have some rain again! Now the sun is out for a while.  They want thunderstorms this afternoon again.  Our grass is really wet it dosen't have time to dry up.  All this rain has damaged some of our beautiful summer flowers. 

Our lawn people can't come & apply chemicals to the grass it's too wet!   It looks like this is the kind of Summer we're in for not nice!   A lot of the fairs & outdoor events are going to be cancelled because of all this rain.  I've been to the fair when it was raining.  It was horrible!  And it was nothing like what we're experiencing now.badDona127

• MrsKaufold1990
    July 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I just want it to go away so I can go sit in my pool that I bought and had to fight Walmart about

• steelcrazy
    July 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Did anyone else have a rain-free day today?

Pennsylvania Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts