Pennsylvania Moms

Vertical15
Field of Screams (mountville, pa)
October 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

https://www.fieldofscreams.com/

Anyone ever been there?

DH won tickets for himself and I last week through a local magazine.  Score! 

I haven't been there in a few years but remember it being pretty cool when I was younger.

Replies

• Vertical15
    October 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

They also have a kids maze and stuff during the early hours of the day.  I took my oldest there when he was 4 or so.  Love those places!

• Vertical15
    October 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM

A couple of my friends went last night and said they had a great time and it was actually scary. I can't wait to go!

• jlm2676
    by jlm2676
    Jen
    October 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    Yep my BIL and SIL used to work there when it first opened. One of the owners was my shop teacher in high school.
    They are horrible employers, they wouldn't give their employees cold drinks (the ones that were the actors) and then they had to pay for drinks.
  • mumsy2three
    October 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I've never been there.

• Vertical15
    October 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Yea I haven't heard a lot of about the employees but it is usually high school/college students so they pay crap for the job.  But I did hear that the guy who owns/runs it lives off of this event the entire year.  Imagine what he must bring in then!

Quoting jlm2676:

Yep my BIL and SIL used to work there when it first opened. One of the owners was my shop teacher in high school.
    They are horrible employers, they wouldn't give their employees cold drinks (the ones that were the actors) and then they had to pay for drinks.

• OneToughMami
    October 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    We were supposed to go but we didn't get the chance.
  • jlm2676
    by jlm2676
    Jen
    October 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    He and his brother do live off of it. They both own a farm and have stands for different events all year long. Like they have corn in the summer, pumpkins now, Christmas trees and then flower stands. They also sell those light things at carnivals, fairs and fireworks.

When it first started they hired a bunch of high school kids, it was my BILs first job.

Quoting Vertical15:

Yea I haven't heard a lot of about the employees but it is usually high school/college students so they pay crap for the job.  But I did hear that the guy who owns/runs it lives off of this event the entire year.  Imagine what he must bring in then!

Quoting jlm2676:

• vallhk
    by vallhk
    October 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i was there once and loved it, doubt i will make it this year though.  No one to watch the kids

• Vertical15
    October 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM

There is still the rest of the month?

Quoting OneToughMami:

We were supposed to go but we didn't get the chance.

• Vertical15
    October 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Oh ok, I was under the impression the farms aren't working farms. 

Quoting jlm2676:

He and his brother do live off of it. They both own a farm and have stands for different events all year long. Like they have corn in the summer, pumpkins now, Christmas trees and then flower stands. They also sell those light things at carnivals, fairs and fireworks.

When it first started they hired a bunch of high school kids, it was my BILs first job.

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting jlm2676:

Pennsylvania Moms