• Aubs1990
    September 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I buy them.

• lalasmama2007
    September 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    We normally buy them.
  • MichelleMc
    September 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

• vallhk
    by vallhk
    September 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

• MichelleMc
    September 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hee Hee, I guess I should say what we had around the house. But like I said, construction man, he had overalls & the boots, so then he had a tool set, made him construction. 

Also, A knight with a gallon milk jug cut to be his helmet, cardboard for shield ( didn't add the sword. Black Sweats & a black garbage bag for cape. We did that for a scout night that was for scouts. 

Robot with cardboard boxes painted to fit over legs or arms. Two papertowel ( or more ) put together to go over arms or legs. 

Fireman with some yellow duct tape on a black jacket or Sweat shirt & Sweat pants.

• courtneyann29
    September 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    We've done both.
  • courtneyann29
    September 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I made a sheep with a white sweatsuit and cotton balls. A cow with a white sweatsuit and black felt. (I guess I did buy a cowbell) a dog with a brown sweatsuit and a head band to attach the ears to. I dressed my youngest dd up as my hubby...that was hilarious! She dressed in boys jeans (borrowed), a Buccaneers jersey, my hubbys Buccs winter cap and a fake moustache and goatee. So cute. Everyone loved it! :)

Quoting vallhk:

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

• key2ynot
    September 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I usually make ours  and will maybe buy an accessory to go with it - like one year our son was a knight so we found his armor/sword at dollar tree.  We do sometimes buy as well, but I've made more than we have bought

Last year I had a homemade mario and princess peach (my oldest insisted on a starwarscharacter  that we had bought)

the year before that was the best

I also did a dragon one year to go along with the knight

• OneToughMami
    September 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Most years we buy. This year we are sort of making. Which reminds me I need to get all the stuff together!

• TerriC
    by TerriC
    September 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I buy them, mostly because I work at a Party Store and they are readily available to me!  LOL.  I would like to make them for them one of these years.

Pennsylvania Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN