• Aubs1990
    September 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I buy them.

• lalasmama2007
    September 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    We normally buy them.
  • MichelleMc
    September 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

• vallhk
    by vallhk
    September 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

• MichelleMc
    September 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hee Hee, I guess I should say what we had around the house. But like I said, construction man, he had overalls & the boots, so then he had a tool set, made him construction. 

Also, A knight with a gallon milk jug cut to be his helmet, cardboard for shield ( didn't add the sword. Black Sweats & a black garbage bag for cape. We did that for a scout night that was for scouts. 

Robot with cardboard boxes painted to fit over legs or arms. Two papertowel ( or more ) put together to go over arms or legs. 

Fireman with some yellow duct tape on a black jacket or Sweat shirt & Sweat pants.

• courtneyann29
    September 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    We've done both.
  • courtneyann29
    September 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I made a sheep with a white sweatsuit and cotton balls. A cow with a white sweatsuit and black felt. (I guess I did buy a cowbell) a dog with a brown sweatsuit and a head band to attach the ears to. I dressed my youngest dd up as my hubby...that was hilarious! She dressed in boys jeans (borrowed), a Buccaneers jersey, my hubbys Buccs winter cap and a fake moustache and goatee. So cute. Everyone loved it! :)

Quoting vallhk:

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

• key2ynot
    September 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I usually make ours  and will maybe buy an accessory to go with it - like one year our son was a knight so we found his armor/sword at dollar tree.  We do sometimes buy as well, but I've made more than we have bought

Last year I had a homemade mario and princess peach (my oldest insisted on a starwarscharacter  that we had bought)

the year before that was the best

I also did a dragon one year to go along with the knight

• OneToughMami
    September 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Most years we buy. This year we are sort of making. Which reminds me I need to get all the stuff together!

• TerriC
    by TerriC
    September 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I buy them, mostly because I work at a Party Store and they are readily available to me!  LOL.  I would like to make them for them one of these years.

Pennsylvania Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts