Magnolia Hearts Cafe

bmw29
The good and the bad of the last few weeks...
by bmw29
November 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Ok so I've had a ton going on the last little bit. I'll tell y'all about the good points first. We had a field trip on Friday to a local ranch. There were about 20 other kids there and they all had a great time. One of their activities was wrangling the mini horses into a corral that they made out of pipes. The kids were having a tough time of it because the horses did not want to go in at all but Cameron has some horse knowledge from his years of riding lessons and he grabbed some hay and got his horse in that way. LOL I was proud of him for using his noggin on that one. He takes after his mam-ma with the horse wrangling. LOL

Sadly that's pretty much it for the good. The bad list is a little longer. Last week a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years died in his sleep. I didn't go to the service and I've been feeling a tad guilty for that. As some of you may have noticed these things seem to come in threes. This past Friday evening my husbands best friend was found dead in his living room. We're still not sure what happened, we will just have to wait on the autopsy report. His service is tomorrow so I probably won't be on much. Dh is taking this hard. He seemed to be coping better than I thought it would but it really hit him tonight. :( We were reeling from this all weekend and then Sunday morning my best friend called to tell me that her grandfather had passed away that morning. :( Now I have two funerals to attend the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that this is over for awhile though because frankly this is bullshit. (excuse my french)

I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with dh for a bit. He lost his favorite cousin 2 years ago and he still isn't completely over that yet. These were his two best friends in the world and he's feeling all alone at the moment.

Sorry for all the sadness in here. Don't worry about me though, I'm a tough ole' broad and I'll be just fine. :)

Replies

• cjsix
    by cjsix
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

huggingHUGS! I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and your sweet husband. May God wrap you both in the comfort of His loving arms and give you the strength you need in the coming days and weeks.

• PinkHairMAMA
    November 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    SO sorry for all the sadness. I'm just not even sure what to say. Jon's uncle died a few days ago as well. He's still in shock from it. How do we comfort our men?
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Thank you. :) I'm really OK though, I deal with death better than most. Now if it were my BF I would be completely lost so I can imagine how he feels. Truthfully I don't have to imagine because I lost my childhood BF to a car accident in the ninth grade. I still think about him daily. Tomorrow will be hard but I have had to get him through numerous losses during our time together and I do know what he needs. We've known each other since the 9th grade and in that time have lost countless mutual friends. It sucks of course but life must go on.

Quoting cjsix:

huggingHUGS! I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and your sweet husband. May God wrap you both in the comfort of His loving arms and give you the strength you need in the coming days and weeks.

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. :( With my husband I know that he just wants a shoulder to lean on and an ear when he needs it. Other than that I try to just keep him laughing and not let him have too much time to dwell. He doesn't deal with loss well. His mom is the same way and she never allowed any of her children to attend funerals or any of that. My family was all OLD growing up so I went to funerals at least once a month my entire childhood. Ds seems to be more like me in that regard so I'm thankful for that.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

SO sorry for all the sadness. I'm just not even sure what to say. Jon's uncle died a few days ago as well. He's still in shock from it. How do we comfort our men?

• PinkHairMAMA
    November 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    Jon's been quiet. This is his first death since we've been married. Thank you for the advice.

Will be thinking about you and your family.

Quoting bmw29:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( With my husband I know that he just wants a shoulder to lean on and an ear when he needs it. Other than that I try to just keep him laughing and not let him have too much time to dwell. He doesn't deal with loss well. His mom is the same way and she never allowed any of her children to attend funerals or any of that. My family was all OLD growing up so I went to funerals at least once a month my entire childhood. Ds seems to be more like me in that regard so I'm thankful for that.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I can now judge what dh needs at any given moment but it was hard the first time for sure. Now I can tell if he needs a hug, time alone, random laughter, a kick in the ass or a change of subject. If left to his own devices he will brood.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Jon's been quiet. This is his first death since we've been married. Thank you for the advice.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

• PinkHairMAMA
    November 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Can't wait till I can get to that point.

Quoting bmw29:

I can now judge what dh needs at any given moment but it was hard the first time for sure. Now I can tell if he needs a hug, time alone, random laughter, a kick in the ass or a change of subject. If left to his own devices he will brood.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

:) It will happen. We have been married for almost 10 years, together close to 13 and friends for about 18 years.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Can't wait till I can get to that point.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

• Bethsunshine
    November 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    When it rains, it pours! Hope things get better for you Mama!
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Ain't that the truth. :/ I'm sure things will be better soon. Thanks

Quoting Bethsunshine:

When it rains, it pours! Hope things get better for you Mama!

Magnolia Hearts Cafe