Girls Unstoppable

olivejuice2
Single mom help (piog)
October 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
A good friend of mine recently found out she is pregnant. She has always struggled with self esteem issues and gets taken advantage of a lot, and so she doesn't know who the father is. She has a job in Wisconsin but lives with her dad, who doesn't want a baby in the house and she isn't sure she can afford her own place and a new baby. Her mom offered her a place to live, but her mom lives in New Mexico. My friend has a job with insurance in Wisconsin and is concerned that moving would leave her unemployed and uninsured.

So, does anyone know about public assistance in either Wisconsin or New Mexico? She is looking into what she might qualify for in either place, but if anyone has any leads or ideas that would be really helpful. Is there a subsidized insurance plan in New Mexico for low income people, and if so do they penalize you if you're already pregnany when you enroll? Any programs in either state that help single moms with child care, post partum support, breastfeeding... or anything else that would come in handy for a low income single mom?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Replies

• uriahadel
    October 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    I am not sure but I would think they do... and she can even get pregnancy medicaid so everything will be covered... it would be best if she does go home to her mom, and I am sure she will be able to find a job there... is there any way she can transfer??
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    October 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    U CAN GO ONLINE AND LOOK IT UP..
  • KymberleeAnn
    October 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Google some places. but here's a bump... I wish her all the best.

Girls Unstoppable