Girls Unstoppable

Harris06
Fears
October 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM
What do you do when your daughter is scared of something? Do you coddle her or encourage her?

Replies

• Harris06
    October 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    I cUddle but not coddle, per se. I do encourage them to face their fears BUT I have some strong fears that I just can't get over so I do understand. Especially if they try and still are scared.
  • heather4511
    October 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    I try to explain why she doesn't need to be afraid of whatever it is. And show her its ok.
  • kirbymom
    October 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I do a little bit of both. I start out with a little coddling butt then when I feel they are strong enough to understand  about being a little more grown up and mature, then I encourage them to take a deeper, more thoughtful approach to their situation and learn to come up with something that will help them face their fear.  And if they can't seem to do it this time, then thta's okay as long as they know that they must try again the next time their fear over takes them.  I also want them to know that they can always come to me or their father to help them, to encourage them, and to know when its up to them to do it on their own.  Never easy teaching this but oh so worth it when you see them knock down a fear or two! :) 

• Harris06
    October 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    I do the same, even when I am scared of said "fear". I try my hardest not to show my fear in whatever it is to my girls.

Quoting heather4511:

I try to explain why she doesn't need to be afraid of whatever it is. And show her its ok.
  • Mrs.Andrews
    October 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I do a little of both. It depends how scared she is. She is pretty outgoing but has high anxiety about a few things. So I tend to push her until I see the anxiety starting up, then I just try to calm her and let it go.

I had horrible anxiety as a kid and my Mom didn't understand it and would just shove me away and get mad that I didn't just do stuff. I don't want my daughter to go through that. 

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN