SweetLuci
Confidence
October 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Are you confident? Is your daughter?

Replies

• SlightlyPerfect
    October 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yes, we both are.

But confidence is skills-based, is honesty-driven, and varies, so (for me; DD is only 3) while my level of confidence changes based on my assessment of any present stimuli, the confidence I have in myself and ability to reason and think is steady and stable. But I think one could make the argument for that actually being self-esteem and not confidence.

• slw123
    by slw123
    October 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yes, I think we both are.

• elasmimi
    October 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I am confident about some things, others not so much. My 6 y/o thinks she can do anything!

• LOswald0314
    October 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Mostly, yes.  My DD is only 16 months but I'll do my best to make her confident.

• JoJoBean8
    October 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

My dd is definitely confident. Some days I am and other days I am full of self doubt. 

• copperswifey
    October 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I am not the most confident person. I have one daughter that is very confident and the other one is more reserved :)

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    October 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I am most of the time, sometimes I think she is over confident.  I think she will be a strong leader one day.

• mommythree0508
    October 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting slw123:

Yes, I think we both are.

• .Angelica.
    October 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

i am not as confident as i should be. and my dd is 9 months.

• SweetLuci
    October 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think many people use the two terms interchangeably, but my understanding of the terms if that self-esteem refers to how you feel about yourself overall; how much esteem, positive regard or self-love you have. Self-esteem develops from experiences and situations that have shaped how you view yourself today. Self-confidence is how you feel about your abilities and can vary from situation to situation. I may have healthy self-esteem, but low confidence about situations involving  physical endurance.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Yes, we both are.

But confidence is skills-based, is honesty-driven, and varies, so (for me; DD is only 3) while my level of confidence changes based on my assessment of any present stimuli, the confidence I have in myself and ability to reason and think is steady and stable. But I think one could make the argument for that actually being self-esteem and not confidence.

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN