Girls Unstoppable

pink.ribbons
My daughter's best friend went to the movies with another little girl
October 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

now my daughter feels like she was left out.

Has that ever happened to your daughter? How did you handle it?

Replies

• ilovemykids732
    October 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM

so your daughters friend has more than one friend that she does things with...? was that the issue...? I would explain to my DD that you can have more than one friend... :) not trying to be a bitch... I promise... just dont see the issue... or was it that your DD was a 3rd wheel?

• sukainah
    October 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I would also try to explain to her about kids being able to have more than one friend and that also she could plan a movie time to go with her friend another time.

• Rushn311
    October 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I tell the same thing to my daughter....best friends will have "other" friends.

• KaylaMillar
    October 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    I agree with pp. its okay to have more than one friend!
  • Junip1977
    October 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I just explained to her that even though she is your best friend, she is going to have other friends as well.  Being someone's best friend is special, but you can still have tons of other friends.

• heather4511
    October 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

That happened to me in middle school quite often. I would find out that a group of my friends got together for something and I was not included. It was a really terrible feeling, still bothers me to this day. I am not sure if it would help for her to let the girls know it hurt her feelings to be left out?

• slw123
    by slw123
    October 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM

It's tough.  I tell my daughter not to talk too much about the things she does with other friends and in return her bestie shouldn't tell her too much either so there is no jealousy.  They have to learn that they are all allowed to have more than one friend.

• .Angelica.
    October 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM

awe. i'm not sure how to explain that to her

• Leelee1008
    October 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM

were too little for that still, but It has happend to my boys. I would tell them im sorry and that they do have other friends that they do things with, and maybe next time you can go.

• countrygirlkat
    October 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I think it is important for kids to learn that people can have other friends and do other things without them and they can still be friends.  I am sure your dd has another friend she does things with sometimes so I would tell her, "Remember how you do things with ______ when bf isn't around?  Well, she has other friends too just like you do that sometimes she does things with.  That doesn't mean she isn't still your friend.  We can plan a play date with her soon if you would like."

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts