Girls Unstoppable

Cafe Denise
Keeping the Converstation Going
August 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Can your daughter come to you to talk about anything? How do you make sure she knows she can?

girl giving flower

Replies

• 4kidz916
    August 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

My kids know they can come to me with anything.  We've just always had an honest, open relationship and they feel comfortable talking to me about things. 

• Harris06
    August 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

My girls are still young but they know that they can come to me. Sometimes all it takes is me stopping what I am doing and sitting down beside her and asking her what she is thinking about.

• TurboMom81
    August 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

They both come up to me and talk to me about ANYTHING! But they are only 7 and 4 right now.

• Mrs.Andrews
    August 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM

She's only 3. But I've told her that before. And at this age, she tells me everything an then some.

• HamBergerMama
    August 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    She is just 2, but she will come up to me and say "mom, um I need to talk to you". :-)
  • SweetLuci
    August 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I tell her by word and action. When she seems to be upset about something, I remind her that I'm there when she needs to talk, and when she comes to me and starts talking, I listen. I try to stop what I'm doing, and give her my full attention. If that's not possible to stop what I'm doing, I explain, and tell her how long it will be till I can stop . Then I make sure I go to her at that time. I try to echo back what she's saying, to make sure I'm understanding what she's saying. Sometimes she just needs a sounding board, and really doesn't want my advice, so I don't give it unless she asks. I let her do most of the talking, and I try to say what it seems her feeling are. Like I might say, "It sounds like that made you angry", or ask a question like "how did it make you feel when that happened". I try to get her to talk about how she feels about things. I try not to be judgemental. I want her to feel she can come to me about anything and I'll understand and try to help her.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Yes for sure.  I hadn't thought about making sure that she knows it, though. I need to work on that.

• TheBabyFactory4
    August 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    Yep
  • slw123
    by slw123
    August 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Yes.  She is already very open with me.  I make sure she knows she can by telling her often that she can always come to me.

• goddess99
    August 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Yes, My dd talks to me about everything even if I don't wana know lol. I have always told her she can come to me for anything.

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts