Girls Unstoppable

Cafe Denise
Keeping the Converstation Going
August 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Can your daughter come to you to talk about anything? How do you make sure she knows she can?

girl giving flower

Replies

• sukainah
    August 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I don't have girls but I think my son feels he can tell me everything because he does tell me things and sometimes, like others have said, maybe I don't want to know it LOL

• aneela
    by aneela
    August 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i dont have a daughter but im hoping to build trust with my son...he is only 5 and i always encourage him to talk to me about anything

• .Angelica.
    August 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

my dd is 8 months but I'm going to try to let her, as well as my son, know I'll always be there to talk about whatever they need, no matter what it is.

• Leelee1008
    August 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I hope so. My DD is still a toddler and still developing her vocab. but I will  make sure she know she can talk to me by being open and honest with her about things. 

• lalasmama2007
    August 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    My dd is still young, but I always make it known that she can talk to me about anything.
  • countrygirlkat
    August 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I try to keep an open line of communication with my kids by talking about all the small stuff and showing interest in what they are interested in.  I think if the lines of communication are open in the small things kids will feel free to talk about the big things too. 

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    August 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I hope so.  I want her to.  I try to tell her from time to time that she can talk to me about things.

• Kmakksmom
    August 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    They know and they do. There aren't any secrets between me and my girls. They tell me everything.
  • momkaribg
    August 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    I only have boys.
  • momkaribg
    August 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    I agree with this completelyZ

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I try to keep an open line of communication with my kids by talking about all the small stuff and showing interest in what they are interested in.  I think if the lines of communication are open in the small things kids will feel free to talk about the big things too. 

Girls Unstoppable