Girls Unstoppable

HeatherNYC
Words About Raising Confident Girls
August 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Raising kids is hard...and sometimes, in those tough, tired moments, we just don't know what to say. I've muddled through an answer to the 1,293rd question of the day, and, as my daughter (finally) drifted off to sleep, I sat on the couch thinking about how I could have tackled it differently, more competently, just better. Turned it into a good solid moment to build her inner core.

It is in times like that when it helps to know others are in the Same Mommy Boat. That we are all doing our best. That we have all - say it together - been there, done that. Which is why coming here is great...as is looking at some other blogs (like this one from Paranoid Stay At Home Mom about beauty) and sites to help us get our mommy mojo going again.

Huffington Post Parenting section - This is a great place to click over to as they collect some of the best parenting writers out there and put it all in one place for us. I love what Christina Pesoli had to say about gold medalist Gabby Douglas and all of that chatter about her hair.

Operation Beautiful - I like this site as it gives great ideas on how to inspire your girl, phrases, mottos, mantras to keep you and her going in the right direction.

Rachel Simmons - Writer, author, mother, speaker...she gives some fantastic tips for us moms. This post about her response when her 7-year-old daughter said, "Mom, I'm fat" is one we should all read.

A Mighty Girl - This website is all about giving us other tools to empower our little ladies. Lost of books, movies, special clothing all with one aim: to remind our daughters how being mighty comes in many shapes and forms and is in her, too.

Share the posts and sites you have read about raising strong girls!

©iStockphoto.com/Kempter   

Replies

• 4kidz916
    August 22, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Thanks for sharing the sites.  I'll have to check those out. 

• daerca574
    August 22, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I have read alot of posts right here on Cafemom that seem to be very helpful!

• kellynh
    by kellynh
    August 22, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    It is so important!!! I bless my very southern raised dad for allowing his girls to grow up strong and confident!!!
  • mallowcup17
    August 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM

thanks for the links!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I agree about CM being helpful. :)

Quoting daerca574:

I have read alot of posts right here on Cafemom that seem to be very helpful!

• slw123
    by slw123
    August 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thank you for sharing, I'm going to check these out.

• lalasmama2007
    August 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Thanks!
  • Madelaine
    August 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Thanks!

• KaylaMillar
    August 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    Thanks ! Cafemom is pretty helpful!
  • Leelee1008
    August 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM

TFS!