Girls Unstoppable

CafeMom Team
"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet Rushn311
May 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM

We asked CafeMom's Rushn311 to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

Hi, my name is Cindy. I am a momma to two children, Caitlin who is 9 and Conner who is 4.

My daughter has a  huge heart and will try to help those in need if she can. Her and I recycle together, she's raked leaves, pulled weeds in our yard, and collected sticks before hubby mows the lawn.  She's in Girls Scouts and I know they raised money for the Equestrian center near us, and made cards for the troops.

My kids keep me going everyday. No matter how much in a day they drive me bananas, I still adore them and want to see them learn, love, laugh and just enjoy life. Trying to see the world through their eyes is just amazing. It's definitely rewarding too, getting all those art work pages you just don't know where to put, hugs, kisses and just simple smiles and thank yous.

I would say my Dad is/was my role model. He was born in Germany; when WW2 started. Knowing what and how he grew up, it just has taught me to be appreciative of the things I have. I loved hearing his stories and now I pass them on to my kids since my Dad is no longer here with me. He taught me to enjoy life to the fullest as well as that and the world had a lot to offer.

My daughter is 9 and her role model is her Opa. She says she wants to be a soccer player just like he was.

How can you relate to rushn311's story?

Replies

• babyboxfish
    June 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

thank you for sharing!!!

• NearSeattleMom
    June 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I have a 9-year old daughter, too!

• Leeshamak
    June 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

How nice:) It was nice to learn about your family, Cindy! You sound like an amazing Momma!

• jessicasmom1
    June 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

it's great to know you alittle better

• MamaBear2cubs
    June 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Great little girl!

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    June 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Thanks for sharing, Cindy!

• jerzeetomato
    June 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Loved reading about your dad and that your daughter wants to play soccer just like he did!  And I have stacks of artwork and homemade valentines that I will never give up, too!

• Ulla_2000
    July 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thank you for sharing your story - i hope I can tell/teach my daughter (now 2 1/2) lots about her Opa a well. My dad was born in 1945 in Germany and he passed away when she was just 14 months. I often show her pictures and ask her "who's this?". Can't wait to start telling her stories about Opa and how it was when mommy was a little girl.

Again, thanks for sharing - it made me smile :)

• 4kidz916
    July 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Very nice story!

• SweetLuci
    July 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Now there's a mom who should be famous. Loved reading this.

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN