Girls Unstoppable

CafeMom Team
"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet birdiemom
May 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

We asked CafeMom's birdiemom to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

It's a bird, it's a plane.... No, it's just mom.

I think all moms (well most moms) are superheroes by just being themselves. I mean we have so much unconditional love and our children look up to us. It's important to be a good role model mostly by being yourself and being genuine.

My daughter is 12 years old and in 6th grade. I think this is a tough age; she's looking to be more independent, but still needs structure, rules, and supervision. We have a relationship that helps her with her needs. We can chat about boys, clothes, her problems openly, but she still understands that I'm the adult and I try to do what's best for her. My daughter has a great role model in her step-mother too; she's a smart, fun, hard-working, fashionable, beautiful woman who is deeply devoted to her friends and family.

I feel like I'm just a regular mom and a good person. I try to be as environmentally conscious as possible. We grow our own vegetables, we have a compost pile, we recycle, I breastfeed and cloth diaper my youngest (I just started cloth diapering) just to name a few. Not only do these things help our family save money, but I'm trying to help the planet (a little at a time) for future generations.

Everyday I wake up for my family. I love morning hugs and afternoon chats about the day. My daughter always has something funny that happens and I enjoy hearing her animated stories when she gets home from school. She's such a free spirit, and creative, it's so refreshing after being at work all day.

When I think of my role models, my dad and grandmother stick out. My dad is the nicest most genuine person you'll ever meet. He instilled in me a love for everything nature. We would go camping and "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." I look up to my grandmother because of the pure love and devotion she had for her family.  

How can you relate to birdiemom's story?

Replies

• Leeshamak
    June 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I really enjoyed hearing about your story birdiemom! I also started cloth diapering and breastfed all of my kids~ its so nice to find another mom like me:) Thank you so much for sharing!

• MamaBear2cubs
    June 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

You sound like me lol. Great story.I really enjoyed reading about your family!

• KaylaMillar
    June 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    I really enjoyed reading this!
  • bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    June 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Great story!

• jen113000
    June 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Very nice!!!

• LMJ1
    by LMJ1
    June 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    I love that you're green!! Being green is something that I want to instill in my daughter as well.
  • birdiemom
    June 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hi ladies!

I just found my story, LOL!

Thank you for your kind words

thank you

• jerzeetomato
    June 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

So nice to get to know more about you!  We also grow a lot of our own vegetables, and I appreciate your dad's philosphy about taking care of Mother Earth.  Environmental awareness is so important.  plant a tree

• 4kidz916
    July 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Nice story.  I enjoyed reading it. 

• kurtkamkaitsmom
    July 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM

very nice:O)

Girls Unstoppable

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts