Basherte
...Do you own a....(hoping I don't get yelled at for this) ETA
August 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Do you own a ... zester?

I do not, but want one. There are so many out there that I'm not sure which one would suit my needs best, plus not cost me a fortune.

ETA Wow I didn't think this post would be featured. :)

I'm so excited.

Replies

• The_Doodle
    August 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Since you talk like it's super expensive, I"m assuming you're not talking about something that you use to get lemon and lime zest. What is it?

• lenashark
    August 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    I have a zester, it cost $5.
  • Basherte
    August 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It isn't all that expensive. Although there are some out there that are pretty pricey for what they are.

There are just different kinds out there and I don't want to buy a ton of them. I've never had one before, never used one. I use a pairing knife to get zest. Works okay, but a zester would make the job a lot easier and a little more efficient.

• sweatpea1
    August 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

idk even know what that is...

• StephanAndCoral
    August 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    No I don't have one I always used the smallest holes on my block shredder.
  • Basherte
    August 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting sweatpea1:

idk even know what that is...

It's a tool that you can use to get the skin of fruit to use in a recipe, without getting the white stuff that is underneath it. That white stuff tends to be quite bitter. But the skin (the colored part) tends to be quite good.

• Peachy34500
    August 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Nope
  • etsmom
    by etsmom
    August 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Sure, I have a box zester. It has a little container under the zester that catches all the zest. I bought it for about $5. I love it. 

• DACIA79
    by DACIA79
    August 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    Yes there are very few kitchen items you could ask about that I don't have. My grandmother loved to cook so when I got my first apartment I wanted something to remind me of home so since she had it all I felt the need to do the same plus I love kitchen gadgets no matter how silly and anything that I didn't have I inherited when she died.
  • michiganmom116
    August 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I do.  It's just a little hand-held thing ...cost 25ยข at a yard sale