Flaca43
Meatless Fridays
by Flaca43
February 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

For Lent, some give up meat on Fridays. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for meals on those days for those that need it?

Replies

• zinniadaisy
    February 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    February 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Sounds good both ways!

Quoting zinniadaisy:

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

• Harris06
    February 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I don't have my recipe on me at the time but I have made a meatless chili before and it came out susprisingly awesome! I will look for the recipe. Even my husband who loves meat enjoyed it!

• taniamorse85
    March 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

This is my favorite meatless recipe.  We have it regularly, and we just can't get enough!  It seems like I've shared this recipe on here a million times, lol!

• MansfieldMama
    March 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

We usually eat beans on Fridays during Lent - nachos, bean burritos, black bean soup, etc.

• emilyrosenj
    March 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    I made fish tacos which would work! I mobile so I can't link its on myrecipes.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    March 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    salads? Soups? Um..... Lots of carbs?
  • othermom
    March 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

spaghetti, a large salad, pasta dishes, ect

• charlene_kyle
    March 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am not sure except for salads.

• BKozICan
    March 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Broccoli frittata, homemade cheese and veggie pizza, spaghetti, bean burritos,