Flaca43
Meatless Fridays
by Flaca43
February 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

For Lent, some give up meat on Fridays. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for meals on those days for those that need it?

Replies

• zinniadaisy
    February 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    February 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Sounds good both ways!

Quoting zinniadaisy:

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

• Harris06
    February 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I don't have my recipe on me at the time but I have made a meatless chili before and it came out susprisingly awesome! I will look for the recipe. Even my husband who loves meat enjoyed it!

• taniamorse85
    March 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

This is my favorite meatless recipe.  We have it regularly, and we just can't get enough!  It seems like I've shared this recipe on here a million times, lol!

• MansfieldMama
    March 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

We usually eat beans on Fridays during Lent - nachos, bean burritos, black bean soup, etc.

• emilyrosenj
    March 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    I made fish tacos which would work! I mobile so I can't link its on myrecipes.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    March 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    salads? Soups? Um..... Lots of carbs?
  • othermom
    March 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

spaghetti, a large salad, pasta dishes, ect

• charlene_kyle
    March 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am not sure except for salads.

• BKozICan
    March 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Broccoli frittata, homemade cheese and veggie pizza, spaghetti, bean burritos, 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN