AleaKat
Onion ring batter- update!
by AleaKat
February 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Need a good batter recipe for onion rings.

What's the best beer to use for beer battered onion rings!

How ever much beer you use ur that much flour maybe a little more to thicken plus seasoning of choice!

Example: 1 cup flour so 1 cup beer

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    ??????
  • emilyrosenj
    February 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    I don't have one for beer battered. I'm doing mine in the oven with egg white and bread crumbs
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    I tried baked onion rings but they just don't taste as good as the fattening kind... Lol

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I don't have one for beer battered. I'm doing mine in the oven with egg white and bread crumbs
  • Bradensmommy719
    February 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    I was told to cook with a beer you like to drink. My hunnies.best friend always finds a good ale to use. I do not have a recipe I was watching a show last night that mad onion rings and they looked soo good. Good luck
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    I don't like beer but I had some beer battered rings a while ago and they were fantastic.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I was told to cook with a beer you like to drink. My hunnies.best friend always finds a good ale to use. I do not have a recipe I was watching a show last night that mad onion rings and they looked soo good. Good luck
  • Bradensmommy719
    February 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    Haha I don't like beer either. Growing up my mom used Budweiser. But hunnies buddy loves the better beers to cook with. If you go to a liquor store and ask they can give you some ideas.

Quoting AleaKat:

I don't like beer but I had some beer battered rings a while ago and they were fantastic.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    My cousin worked at a restaurant and he says colors light but i dont know

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Haha I don't like beer either. Growing up my mom used Budweiser. But hunnies buddy loves the better beers to cook with. If you go to a liquor store and ask they can give you some ideas.

Quoting AleaKat:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

• sanj1213
    February 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My husband makes a beer batter for coconut shrimp and just uses whatever beer he has. 

• othermom
    February 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Sounds yummy

• taniamorse85
    February 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I've never made them, nor do I drink beer, but I did some research.  From what I can tell, a so-called 'medium-bodied' beer (I guess that would be along the same lines of a medium-roast coffee) is best for beer-battered onion rings.  I checked some sites to get more info about medium-bodied beers, and one that kept coming up was Samuel Adams Boston Lager.  As for actual recipes, here are some links.

Beer Battered Onion Rings

Beer-Battered Onion Rings

Beer Batter Onion Rings

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts