ihave1
Green Pea Hummus..... sort of a spin off. ** Update w/ how I like it.
by ihave1
January 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

So I am about to make this .    The hummus post had me craving  it, then I remember I had this to make. 

Anyway anyone else ever had hummus made w/ green peas?   Just to let you know it is   green peas instead of chick peas.    I will let you know how it turns out.   

It was/is not as good as regular hummus, but lets be honest what is right.   I put some on some toast and added some minced garlic on top w/ the paprika  & it was nice tastingthen.   Dont take my word for it tho, try it out for yourselves.  Then please let me know  what you think.  Oh I forget I didnt add as much tahini b/c I did have enough. 

Here is what you need:

2 1/2 cups of frozen peas. 

2cloves of garlic, crushed

1 tsp ground cumin

juice of 1 large lemon

4tsp extra virgin olive oil

4tsp of tahini

salt

ground paprika for serving

toasted flat bread, for serving

lemon wedges, for serving.

Cook peas, in boiling water, until tender.  Drain well.

Place peas in a food processor w/ garlic, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil & tahini.  Blend to a puree. Season to taste w/ salt, adding more lemon, if needed.

Spoon hummus into a bowl & sprinkle w/ paprika.  Serve w/ flat bread & lemon wedges.  Enjoy!! 

Replies

• mommaTLC186
    January 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    I've never even heard of it...
  • ihave1
    by ihave1
    January 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Me either.  Until about a year and a half ago.  We went to Malaysia to visit family & I found this  Vegetarian cook book and saw that in it.  So finally I am now going to try it out.  Looks good too. 

Quoting mommaTLC186:

• emilyrosenj
    January 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I've never had it with green peas, sounds interesting!

• mommaTLC186
    January 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    It does sound good, I love hummus and green peas ... Sooooo....... I'd try it..

Quoting ihave1:

Me either.  Until about a year and a half ago.  We went to Malaysia to visit family & I found this  Vegetarian cook book and saw that in it.  So finally I am now going to try it out.  Looks good too. 

Quoting mommaTLC186:

• ihave1
    by ihave1
    January 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I will let you know w/ an update what I think of it.   This should be a great way to get kids to eat veggies, if it is tastey.

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

• mommaTLC186
    January 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    None of my kids will even eat regular hummus so idk if I could get them to try green pea hummus, but I know I'm interested in it :)

Quoting ihave1:

I will let you know w/ an update what I think of it.   This should be a great way to get kids to eat veggies, if it is tastey.

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

• Harris06
    January 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    I have wanted to try this since you mentioned it on the hummus post! I'm anxious to try. Not that I think it will replace real hummus but I love peas! Haha
  • ihave1
    by ihave1
    January 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

NOthing can replace hummus!!!!!  NOTHING i TELL YOU!   Im a big hummus fan.  lol

Quoting Harris06:

I have wanted to try this since you mentioned it on the hummus post! I'm anxious to try. Not that I think it will replace real hummus but I love peas! Haha

• Godspitgrl
    January 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

TYFS

• charlene_kyle
    January 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts