Serve with 3 cups cooked egg noodles tossed with 2 tablespoons butter and green onions.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed breast half)
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread, torn
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Pulse bread in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Place in a dish.
- 3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cool mixture 10 minutes; stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Cut a slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Dip in eggs; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 5. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
by GodspitgrlJanuary 17 at 11:17 PM
looks so good wish my DH would eat mushrooms