Serve with 3 cups cooked egg noodles tossed with 2 tablespoons butter and green onions.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed breast half)
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread, torn
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Pulse bread in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Place in a dish.
- 3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cool mixture 10 minutes; stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Cut a slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Dip in eggs; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 5. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
by KaylaMillarJanuary 17 at 4:07 PMThat looks so good!
by emilyrosenjJanuary 17 at 4:18 PM
That looks really delicious!
by MichelleK41January 17 at 4:26 PM
This looks delicious!
by sanj1213January 17 at 7:26 PM
This is something I would really enjoy!!
by Bob192January 17 at 7:57 PM
Yum!! I love mushrooms!
by jessicasmom1January 17 at 8:48 PM
Yum sounds good
by GodspitgrlJanuary 17 at 11:17 PM
looks so good wish my DH would eat mushrooms
by timon95January 17 at 11:19 PM
sounds and looks good! yummy
by copperswifeyJanuary 21 at 1:07 AM
This is making me hungry, grrrrr lol Looks and sounds good. Thanks :)
January 21 at 1:21 AMYummy