Southwestern Stir-Fried Shrimp from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoons lime juice
- teaspoons cornstarch
- teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp (about 24), thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- large yellow bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- large red bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In medium glass or plastic bowl, mix lime juice, cornstarch, cumin, salt and black pepper. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add yellow and red bell peppers, onion, broth, garlic, red pepper and cilantro; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
Enhance the southwest flavor by serving with steamed fresh broccoli spears sprinkled with a little grated lime peel.
One medium lime will give you enough juice for this recipe.
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- TOTAL TIME 1 Hr 20 Min
- SERVINGS 6
January 1 at 9:38 PMTfs
by emilyrosenjJanuary 2 at 5:01 AMSounds delicious and so healthy!
by othermomJanuary 2 at 11:50 AM
Thanks for sharing
January 2 at 12:12 PM
by jessicasmom1January 2 at 5:42 PM
thanks sounds great
January 4 at 1:36 PM
Never cooked shrimp at home
by GodspitgrlJanuary 4 at 4:03 PM
Oh that looks good
by Flaca43January 4 at 6:04 PMThis looks delicious!!
by mrswillieJanuary 7 at 9:35 AM
I don't know about this one
by KaylaMillarJanuary 7 at 10:27 AMYummy!9