Have you ever made brownies from cake mix? They’re so easy and so versatile. Imagine what combinations you can create with this idea!
Don’t you hate when you are sure that you have a box of brownie mix in the pantry only to find that you used the last box? I’ve done this on more than one occasion. If you happen to find a box of cake mix though, a pan of brownies is still in your future. Not only a pan of brownies, but a really rich and delicious pan of brownies.
The thing I love about cake mix brownies is that you can make just about any combination you like. Simply switch out the flavor of cake mix and candy that you use and you have a new brownie every time. How great would lemon with white chocolate chips be? Or yellow cake mix with a chocolate nougat bar? Yum. Want to see how I did it?
Grab a box of cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
Add the ingredients to a large bowl.
Mix on low speed with an electric mixer. The batter will be very thick, more like a cookie dough than regular brownie batter.
Divide the mixture in half, and press it into a 9x9 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Add the candy pieces to the middle.
Top with remaining batter.
Press the batter over the top, covering all of the candy pieces.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Brownies from the Betty Crocker site!
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® triple chocolate fudge cake mix
- cup vegetable oil
- pouch (8 oz) cookies and cream drop candy pieces
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- 2In small bowl, beat cake mix, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- 3Press half of the batter in bottom of pan. Cover with candies. Press remaining batter over top.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 30 minutes. Cut into 3 rows by 3 rows.
If you cannot find the cookies and cream drop candy pieces, use your favorite chocolate candies in the middle and bake.
lay with the kind of cake mix that you use. I bet that vanilla would be delicious in here, too!
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- TOTAL TIME 1 Hr 10 Min
- SERVINGS 9
by sukainahDecember 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM
That looks so good!
December 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
by johnny4everDecember 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM
by KmakksmomDecember 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM