Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Sandwiches from the Betty Crocker site!
- 1/2- to 3-pound beef boneless rump roast
- teaspoon Italian seasoning
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon garlic pepper
- large sweet onion (such as Bermuda, Maui, Spanish or Walla Walla), sliced
- cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- hoagie buns, split
- cup sun-dried tomato spread, if desired
- cup shredded or chopped fresh basil leaves
- thin slices (about 1/2 ounce each) provolone cheese
- 1Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with Italian seasoning, salt and garlic pepper. Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- 2Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion in cooker. Top with beef. Pour dressing over beef and onion.
- 3Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- 4Place beef on cutting board; remove netting or strings. Cut or shred beef into small pieces. Return beef to cooker. To serve, spread cut sides of buns with tomato spread; sprinkle with basil. Layer beef, onion mixture and cheese in buns.
Instead of sun-dried tomato spread, spread the buns with basil pesto or pesto mayo. Just omit the chopped fresh basil. Any sturdy bun, or a baguette sliced lengthwise, works well with this recipe.
Coleslaw, a marinated vegetable salad or pasta salad from the deli is a great choice to serve with these sandwiches.
Sun-dried tomato spread can be found near the Italian foods or in the deli section of your supermarket.
by KmakksmomDecember 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Looks very good!