Yield: Serves 4
- HAZELNUT CRUST
- 3/4 cup toasted, skinned hazelnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- FISH AND SALSA
- 4 Pacific halibut fillets, about 6 oz. each
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 3/4 cups chopped apple such as Fuji
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Make crust: Whirl ingredients in a food processor until nuts are finely chopped.
- 2. Make fish: Brush halibut with butter, pat nut mixture all over fish, and set on a greased baking sheet. Cook just until fish is opaque in center, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Make salsa: Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, add shallots and apple, and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes; remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and remaining ingredients; stir into apple mixture. Serve halibut with apple salsa and sprinkle with a little more thyme.
by .Angelica.December 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
would sound better if it wasn't fish. LOL (I don't like fish!)
December 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I would love to try this!