Harris06
Kids in the Kitchen
December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Do you allow your kids in the kitchen when you cook/bake? Do you allow them to help?

Replies

• Harris06
    December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I do allow mine in the kitchen and I do allow them to help. I think that it encourages them to cook and create and see the fun in it. It can also help with math. ;)

• MichelleK41
    December 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Oh yeah we bake together. =)

• MamaMandee
    December 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

• othermom
    December 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yep, they love to help me bake and cook. They help pour stuff usually and get things out. I am teaching the older kids to crack the eggs too. They also love to stir

• othermom
    December 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

Thats great. I hope by that age my kids can make meals

• timon95
    by timon95
    December 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

every now and then i do. depends on what i am making and who i am making it for.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    December 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Yes. They love helping!
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    December 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Absolutely!! They love it 

• powow65
    by powow65
    December 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

for pancakes yes, (but if im using the stove/oven or using the cermanic knifes.... NO NO NO NO NO!!!)

• Mommaofaboy11
    December 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

My son has been in the kitchen since he was born :-) He's 15-months-old now and he loves to help momma! Obviously, I'm always babywearing while he's helping as I don't feel it would be safe otherwise; so, while he's not truly active in the kitchen- outside of stirring or mixing- he is being exposed to cooking and making memories!

baking