Harris06
Kids in the Kitchen
December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Do you allow your kids in the kitchen when you cook/bake? Do you allow them to help?

Replies

• Harris06
    December 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I do allow mine in the kitchen and I do allow them to help. I think that it encourages them to cook and create and see the fun in it. It can also help with math. ;)

• MichelleK41
    December 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Oh yeah we bake together. =)

• MamaMandee
    December 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

• othermom
    December 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yep, they love to help me bake and cook. They help pour stuff usually and get things out. I am teaching the older kids to crack the eggs too. They also love to stir

• othermom
    December 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

Thats great. I hope by that age my kids can make meals

• timon95
    by timon95
    December 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

every now and then i do. depends on what i am making and who i am making it for.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    December 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Yes. They love helping!
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    December 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Absolutely!! They love it 

• powow65
    by powow65
    December 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

for pancakes yes, (but if im using the stove/oven or using the cermanic knifes.... NO NO NO NO NO!!!)

• Mommaofaboy11
    December 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

My son has been in the kitchen since he was born :-) He's 15-months-old now and he loves to help momma! Obviously, I'm always babywearing while he's helping as I don't feel it would be safe otherwise; so, while he's not truly active in the kitchen- outside of stirring or mixing- he is being exposed to cooking and making memories!

baking

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN