christina f
Thanksgiving Leftovers Part 2 - Individual Turkey Shepherd's Pie
November 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Don't be fooled by the title of this post. I know "turkey shepherd's pie" sounds like a very daunting meal - maybe even harder to make than Thanksgiving dinner itself. Well, it's not. And you don't even need the oven - just the microwave. Plus, it uses two Thanksgiving leftovers that you are sure to have a lot of - mashed potatoes and turkey.

Here's how you make it:

1 cup milk

1 tablespoon flour

1 can cream of chicken soup

¾ teaspoon poultry seasoning

2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen or fresh)

2 cups stiff mashed potatoes

paprika to taste

Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper

STIR together milk and flour until well blended in microwave-safe bowl. Stir in soup and poultry seasoning.

COVER with a sheet of Reynolds Cut-Rite Wax Paper.

MICROWAVE on HIGH 7 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until mixture boils and thickens.

STIR in turkey and mixed vegetables. Spoon 1 cup turkey mixture into each of 4 individual microwave-safe baking dishes. Pipe or spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture over top of each casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with wax paper.

MICROWAVE on HIGH until heated through, 9 to 11 minutes.

Moms, what other leftovers would you incorporate into this pie?

Replies

• BabyTeki
    November 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    Tfs!!!
  • charlene_kyle
    November 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

TFS

• MichelleK41
    November 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Ohhhh another easy recipe to make for the family, TFS. =)

• lalasmama2007
    November 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Sounds good!

• slw123
    by slw123
    November 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I'll have to remember this for next time.  We always end up with potatoes and turkey leftover.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I'd probably use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.  I have to make my own cream of X soups because the store ones all contain wheat - I haven't ever attempted cream of chicken soup but make cream of mushroom a lot.

That does sound like a good meal!

• emilyrosenj
    November 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the idea!

• emilyrosenj
    November 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Do you have any recipes?  I'm hoping to make cream of mushroom this weekend...

Quoting GwenMB:

I'd probably use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.  I have to make my own cream of X soups because the store ones all contain wheat - I haven't ever attempted cream of chicken soup but make cream of mushroom a lot.

That does sound like a good meal!

• natesmom1228
    November 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Frozen veggies

• dusky_rose
    November 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM

This sounds really good!