Dirt cake
November 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Pinned ImageHave you ever made it?

Replies

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Quoting funkycat:

Please post the recipe! Even though I previously said, in jest, " dirt cake like stone soup?" I think this is fun and looks very yummy! I love the presentation ideas on the garden themes! Thumbs up for creativity here, ladies!

I want the recipe, too!

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    November 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    Flipping cute!
    I'm going to make that, thank you!
  • jessicasmom1
    November 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Photo Name For DD's Birthday party Dirt  flower pots 

here's a neat trick for turning an ice cream cake into an edible potted plant! Simply line the bottom of a clean flower pot with a layer of devil's food cake (store-bought is fine). Push a wide plastic straw into the center of the pot (note: straw should be longer than the pot is high). Fill the pot with ice cream around the straw, almost up to the top. 

Take some Oreo or similar style cookies, and smash them in a bag until it looks like potting soil. Cover the surface with this "dirt." Wrap and keep in the freezer until needed. Snip off the straw at the surface level, and complete the look by sticking a few fresh or silk flowers into the straw. Easy, fun, and delicious 

• Rushn311
    November 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I haven't, but I had it once as a kid  and loved it!!

• MamaMandee
    November 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I made it one year for 1 of our Halloween parties. 

• Hafsa1
    by Hafsa1
    November 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    I've had it and seen it made but never made it myself. I wanted to do it with ds but he says it looks gross so he won't make it or eat it
  • Kmakksmom
    November 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My kids love dirt cake!  Also kitty litter cake.

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    November 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

no but I've had it and yum brings out the kid in me

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts