Cheesy Italian Monkey Bread from the Pillsbury site!
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- teaspoons Italian seasoning
- cans (4.5 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- cup butter, melted
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- 2In 1-gallon bag, mix Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Separate dough into 24 biscuits; cut each into quarters (a pizza wheel works really well for this). Place biscuit pieces in bag. Shake bag to coat dough.
- 3Place half of dough pieces in pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough. Place remaining dough pieces in pan over cheese. Sprinkle any excess Parmesan cheese mixture over dough. Pour melted butter over top.
- 4Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Place heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Pull apart to serve.
You can mix up the spices or use Italian cheese to add even more robust flavor.
Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
- of ingredients5
- prep time15 Min
- total time1 Hr
by sanj1213October 9, 2012 at 5:02 PMOh wow. I love monkey bread! I make some with cinnamon, sugar, raisins and pecans or walnuts. So yummy! I'm going to have to try this one here, sounds really good.
by LoveMyBoyKOctober 9, 2012 at 5:05 PMOMG, sounds heavenly!!! TFS:)
by Flaca43October 9, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Looks and sounds great!!
by LOswald0314October 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM
by pampireOctober 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM
I've never thought of making savory monkey bread. I'll have to try that.
by KaylaMillarOctober 10, 2012 at 12:30 PMOh wow!!
October 10, 2012 at 12:35 PMSounds amazing! Might have to try this when I made spaghetti next
October 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM
by gmadianeOctober 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM