christina f
Freezing Made Easy
October 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM

We've all been there. There's a huge sale on meats or fish at the market and we over buy. Rather than let it go bad, we freeze it. But, what is the best way to freeze so that you buy pass the ick factor of freezer burn or the possibility of your food going bad? The key is a mix of heavy-duty tinfoil and freezer bags.

As soon as I get home from the store, I divide my meat into portion sizes. Then, I put aside the meat that I know I will use during the week and freeze the rest. I wrap the portions into the heavy-duty tinfoil and then place each into freezer bags. On the bag, I write the date and the type of food so when I pull it out later on there will be no surprises.

Moms, how do you make sure your frozen foods stay fresh?

Replies

• charlene_kyle
    October 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM

We also divide them in to portion sizes and put it in a baggie and wrap it in feezer paper.

• powow65
    by powow65
    October 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    Freezer zipper bags
  • othermom
    October 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM

We mark stuff with the date and try to use them quickly. I really want to get a food saver

• ethans_momma06
    October 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Baggie

• emilyrosenj
    October 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM

We use ziplocs to store our food.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    October 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    We use baggies and put the meats in individually, then in a bigger bag altogether. DF likes to eat them quickly though, so they aren't in the freezer too long for freezer burn anyway.
  • Godspitgrl
    October 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

just put them in the freezer, lol

• eustacejessica
    October 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I divide the food up and make sure it's all wrapped up and packaged up really good.

• natesmom1228
    October 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I wrap meat in foil and then a freezer bag.

• mrswillie
    October 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Freezer bags work for us

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts