nsanti
Slow Cooker Recipes Wanted For Winter Months !!!
by nsanti
September 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I just got a brand new crock pot and have only ever made a pot roast in it.  I would like to be able to cook more meals in it, especially since winter is coming; something nice and hearty.  Can anyone help me with any suggestions?

Replies

• powow65
    by powow65
    September 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    Betty Crocker, or www.ehow.com
  • Hafsa1
    by Hafsa1
    September 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    Deviled chicken is really good.

Saute onions and chopped carrots in a pan with oil. Once onions are tender, add chicken and slightly brown on each side (do not cook through, just the outside to get some color). Remove chicken and place in crockpot but leave drippings in pan. To the drippings, Add 1tbsp brown sugar, 1tbsp worcestershire, 5tbsp dijon mustard, 1tbsp honey, salt and pepper and 1cup of water. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add to crockpot, cook until chicken is done.

unfortunately I'm guessing on all the measurements since I usually eyeball it and add some extra later to adjust to my taste. you may want to look up a recipe if not too comfortable with going with mine :) I usually serve this with or on rice.
  • nsanti
    by nsanti
    September 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Thanks---this sounds really good--I will try it this week and let you know how it came out :)

• othermom
    September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I have done pulled pork just put a pork roast in with a bottle of bbq sauce for 5-6 hours on high. It is yummy. Today I did a chuck roast with 2 cups beef bullion, a chunck of onion cut up, carrots cut up, potatos, some spade l seasoning(a seasoning we found at a store in town), salt, pepper, paprika, a tabe spoon of whorchestershire suase, some crushed garlic. Cook on high for about 5 hours,

• emilyrosenj
    September 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    You can make ziti or lasagna in the crockpot.
  • emilyrosenj
    September 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    The Reynolds site has a lot of good ideas, I'm on my phone so I can't link, sorry!
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    September 29, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    I have a slow cooker cook book when I get up i'll post a few recipies for you
  • othermom
    September 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Sounds tasty

Quoting Hafsa1:

Saute onions and chopped carrots in a pan with oil. Once onions are tender, add chicken and slightly brown on each side (do not cook through, just the outside to get some color). Remove chicken and place in crockpot but leave drippings in pan. To the drippings, Add 1tbsp brown sugar, 1tbsp worcestershire, 5tbsp dijon mustard, 1tbsp honey, salt and pepper and 1cup of water. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add to crockpot, cook until chicken is done.

unfortunately I'm guessing on all the measurements since I usually eyeball it and add some extra later to adjust to my taste. you may want to look up a recipe if not too comfortable with going with mine :) I usually serve this with or on rice.

• Hafsa1
    by Hafsa1
    September 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    It is very good. I brought it for potlucks at work a couple of times and many people asked for the recipe. Dh doesn't like any amount of sweetness added to his meals and ds doesn't like mustard so I haven't made it in awhile.

Quoting othermom:

Sounds tasty

Quoting Hafsa1:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts