CafeMom Team
What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?
August 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

Replies

• WesternNYmom
    August 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hello I am Alaina I am a sahm from Upstate New York.  I recently recieved my sample of Reynolds Large Oven Bags from Cafe Mom. The box contained 5 large size oven bags and 5 ties.  Last night I made my kids favorite, marinated boneless chicken breasts.  I followed the directions for preparing the bag to go in the oven. I then added the chicken pieces, fastened the bag and vented the bag as per the instructions.  The chicken breasts came out fully cooked and juice. My family loved it.  I also loved the fact that clean up was a breeze. I just had to throw out the bag. I was happy to have one last pan to wash last night. I think the bags would be worth buying once in awhile. They are a bit expensive at  over $5.00 a package.  If it wasn't for the cost, I would use them everynight. I am saving the remaining bags for holidays and family functions. They will really save time with clean up.

• batjmom
    by batjmom
    August 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds wrap for this opportunity to try the oven bags.    I'm married and have 2 boys they are 10 and 11.    I'm looking forward to trying a new recipe using the bags.   Cooler weather is coming and that means I use the oven much more. 

Update.    Well I admit I only used the oven bags in the past for cooking Turkey!   I never thought to use them for everyday dinners.   The bags make clean up so easy!   I made Fiesta Chicken with black beans and peppers. 

My Family loved it!  I substituted the can of tomatoes for a bunch of fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden.   THe chicken was moist and very flavorful.   I topped  the dish with a blend of cheese.   

• deadlights86
    August 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    I got my bags today and I can't wait to try them. Might throw some ribs in them for labor day weekend.

I ended up not making the ribs but made a roast tonight. I love this more than my crockpot for sure. I put a chuck roast in the oven and 3 hours later it was done. Cooked perfect and made some amazing gravy from the juices. Best thing is no nasty pan to clean!!
  • emilyrosenj
    August 31, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My kids like something that's filling and yummy.  I make meals up as a go along but my goal is to at least plan so I have the ingredients I need.

• othermom
    August 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I got picked to be an influencer for this and am still waiting to see what I get. We like to do a lot of pork for meals because my grandparents give us a pig each year. Lately we have been doing pulled pork which has been great. I have been looking on the Reynolds sites and have a few ideas of what I would love to try out with either the Reynolds oven bags or the Reynolds slow cooker liners. I am excited to see what I get and to try it out.

• catngabsmom
    August 31, 2012 at 10:04 PM

got mine today!!!!

Quoting SuperPickle:

Holding my spot! Cant wait to get them!

• catngabsmom
    August 31, 2012 at 10:07 PM

got my bags today!!! i have used this product in the past, but it has been awhile. my oldest dd has been asking me to roast a chicken and make mashed potatoes and gravy, so that is what i plan to make in my bags. going to have to check the weather first and look for a cooler day to do it. it was 94 today!!!

• LovesFredric
    August 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Sounds delicious & easy!

Quoting SLTmom:

I received my Reynolds Oven Bags yesterday. The package came from CM with a insert of great recipe ideas (Thanks CM!!! :-) ). Perusing the included recipes, I noticed Tuscan Tilapia. I had all the ingredients on hand, my family LOVES tilapia, so I decided to give it a go.

I forgot to take pics of the prep, (sorry), but it was super easy. Throw all the "condiment" ingredients in the bag together, mix right in the bag, no extra bowls to mess, then add the seasoned tilapia. All in all, it took about ten minutes to prep. The tilapia was cooked to perfection 15 minutes later (that's the photo above). It was delicious!! My kids LOVED it!!!

I added sides of brown rice and string beans. It was a delicious healthy meal. I'll add more pics in the next few posts.

• LovesFredric
    August 31, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Sounds great! I am always nervous to back chicken, worrying about the doneness!

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Hello I am Alaina I am a sahm from Upstate New York.  I recently recieved my sample of Reynolds Large Oven Bags from Cafe Mom. The box contained 5 large size oven bags and 5 ties.  Last night I made my kids favorite, marinated boneless chicken breasts.  I followed the directions for preparing the bag to go in the oven. I then added the chicken pieces, fastened the bag and vented the bag as per the instructions.  The chicken breasts came out fully cooked and juice. My family loved it.  I also loved the fact that clean up was a breeze. I just had to throw out the bag. I was happy to have one last pan to wash last night. I think the bags would be worth buying once in awhile. They are a bit expensive at  over $5.00 a package.  If it wasn't for the cost, I would use them everynight. I am saving the remaining bags for holidays and family functions. They will really save time with clean up.

• LovesFredric
    August 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    That makes me a little nervous too! Glad it worked out so well for you though!!

Quoting SLTmom:

THIS, however, is my FAVORITE photo. This is what my pan looked like after cooking!! NOTHING!!!! There was just a bit of water on it from condensation, and, I still did wash it, (yes, anal about that), but a 2 minute, quick soap and water is so much better than soaking and scrubbing!! :-)

I was hesitant, I won't lie, about cooking in plastic (I mean, how safe is that really???), but there was no resudual odor or flavor on the food.

Thanks CM!!!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts