Cafe AmyB
Welcome to Inside the Kitchen! Please introduce yourself...
March 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

how are youWelcome to Inside the Kitchen! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar:
Add your Birthday and Anniversary to our Group Calendar!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself.

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Replies

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Hi Meghan. Welcome! You will find some great recipes here to try out on your family, and be sure to post some of your favorite ones here as well!

Cafemom and the different groups here are all great! Have fun!

Quoting ms.meg:

I am Meghan. I LOVE cooking for my family and 9 out of 10 times I cook from scratch!

I joined cafe mom to see what it was like and there is so much info! WOW!

how are you

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Hi Stephanie! Welcome! There are plenty of yummy dishes here for you to try out! Enjoy looking around the different posts and be sure to post some of your own too.

Quoting Taylor20:

Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie, I live in North Carolina, with my fiance and our 17 month old son. I am a stay at home mom, which I love but is not easy for my fiance to adjust to. I love to cook!! Baking of course is more fun for me though, and I love doing crafts, especially crafts I can use for decorating our home!!

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Hi Tracy! Welcome! This is a great group you've joined! Have fun looking around at all of the posts!

Quoting Danyell9301:

Hello all;

I am Tracy single mother of 2 girls. 1 in college (19yrs) and 1 in middle school (6th grade) 11 yrs. I am very active in all parts of their lives. I enjoy sharing life experiences with others.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hello. welcome! Cooking can be relaxing for me too. I too put on music, but will have a non-alcoholic drink as I'm pregnant right now. But that wine does sound nice. Enjoy!

Quoting isabellecarrier:

Hi everyone. I enjoy cooking as it's relaxing me a lot as weird as it seems (like i said on another section) I like to put music on and have a glass of wine while doing it. I'm full equiped hahahahaha In fact i think i'm a bit crazy about it. The thing is, i'm having problems finding time for it. Hope my english was good enough for to understand. Thanks

• G-Fmom
    by G-Fmom
    September 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm Annette.

I'm so glad to have discovered this website, and hope today's the start of a lovely journey! I just watched "Katie" which as many of you know, introduced Cafemom with a most wonderful and uplifting story. It made me want to join and tell anyone who's struggling, as I was, with the serious problem of managing a food allergy and all that it encompasses. Certainly not nearly as devastating as the story of her cancer struggle, but still an everyday problem to manage while staying healthy. I'm a senior with a serious battle w.Celiac Disease. 

When I saw how expensive & difficult it can be, I started a blog in the hopes of helping others. If anyone is interested, I hope you'll see if anything on it is of interest.  http://www.bestlifeglutenfree.com/

Hope to hear from other Moms and Grandmas if there is anyone who'd like to reply. We share a strong and unique bond...I've found that women feel eachothers' needs, pain and joys. Thank God we are this way!  (Wow, I got carreid away.) 

• zongomom
    September 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Salam amalakam

Im zongomom im 23, i am married and my. daughter is 15 months old. I live in NY and i cook ever day and night i try to make sure my husband has options . I am a stay home mom and i plan to work soon but i dont know if its worth it coming home picking up my daughter and all my mommy going to day care so i just joined this group too get some cooing tips an advice on snacks and meals i can make for my daughter.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Hi Annette! Welcome! I didn't see that show..Sounds like a great story. I'm sure all the ladies would love to read all the great healthy recipes you have found! Look through the posts for new ones to try out as well!

Quoting G-Fmom:

Hi Everyone, I'm Annette.

I'm so glad to have discovered this website, and hope today's the start of a lovely journey! I just watched "Katie" which as many of you know, introduced Cafemom with a most wonderful and uplifting story. It made me want to join and tell anyone who's struggling, as I was, with the serious problem of managing a food allergy and all that it encompasses. Certainly not nearly as devastating as the story of her cancer struggle, but still an everyday problem to manage while staying healthy. I'm a senior with a serious battle w.Celiac Disease. 

When I saw how expensive & difficult it can be, I started a blog in the hopes of helping others. If anyone is interested, I hope you'll see if anything on it is of interest.  http://www.bestlifeglutenfree.com/

Hope to hear from other Moms and Grandmas if there is anyone who'd like to reply. We share a strong and unique bond...I've found that women feel eachothers' needs, pain and joys. Thank God we are this way!  (Wow, I got carreid away.) 

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    September 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Hello and Welcome!

Quoting zongomom:

Salam amalakam

Im zongomom im 23, i am married and my. daughter is 15 months old. I live in NY and i cook ever day and night i try to make sure my husband has options . I am a stay home mom and i plan to work soon but i dont know if its worth it coming home picking up my daughter and all my mommy going to day care so i just joined this group too get some cooing tips an advice on snacks and meals i can make for my daughter.

• G-Fmom
    by G-Fmom
    September 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Dear Zongomom,

Just read your post about possibly returning to work, and handling good, nutritional meals while being a working mom.

That remnded me of myself years ago, when I returned. I used to get home and immediatley begin cooking the same 2 course meals that I made prior to working. I was totally exhausted by end of evening. An elderly neighbor, seeing my workload told me what she had done many yrs ago. She said,"On Sunday, if you're going to make a lovely dinner for that night, why not use all of your stove-top burners, and even the oven, and make 4 meals at the same time?" So, I tried it. While I had Sunday dinner going, I made soup, stew, roasted a chcken in the oven, or whatever,  and thus had meals for the next 3 or 4 days ahead. All I had to do on those following nights, was re-heat and make a side. You're in the kitchen anyway, why not use the opportunity to make 4 meals?  And you know what? I did that for 30 years!! 

Hope this helps...it really worked for my family. I know it's tough, but hang in there.

Annette

• kashyap
    by kashyap
    September 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    Hi my name is Archana n i am from india living in houston with DH n DS who is 9 months old:-) n m here to make friends so i get to understand the culture:-)