My Stepchild is My Child

LucyHarper
Introductions?
February 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Would everyone like to introduce themselves?

Replies

• deb716
    by deb716
    February 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

OK , I guess I'll go first. My name is Debbie and I live in Pennsylvania. I have3 sons ages 23,18,&17.plus 3 stepsons ages 19, 12 &7. The oldest 2 boys don't live with us.The 23 y.o. has mild mental retardation and he lives in his own apt. (with some assistance from me and a home care provider). The 19 y.o. lives in Ohio with his new wife and baby( our 1st grandbaby). The other 4 live at home with us. We have some extra challenges in our family as you can see. My 18 y.o. has Aspergers( a type of high IQ autism) and my 12 y.o. has ADHD andODD(oppositional defiant disorder).My dh and I have been married 1 year and 7 months now. My sons fatherhasn't seen them in about 2 years even though he only lives 40 minutes away.I have been the custodial parent always but we have never had a co. My husband took custody of his youngest 2 sons 2 years ago but he doesn't have a co either. If you're doing the math yes,we got married just under 3 1/2 months after we first met. I work PT in a nursing home as a nursing supervisor( night shift) and my dh is a regional run truck driver(home most weekends but on the road through the week).     All right ,enough about me and my family.

• LucyHarper
    February 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Im Lucy and I live in New York, Im a stepmom and soon to be adoptive mom of a four year old boy. I've been married for a year. We are trying to have a baby.

• CopsWife2006
    February 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hi I am Aubre,

I have 2 step daughters, Both from different moms. SD 11, SD, 8, and DH and I have a son together. We have the 11 year old part time and we are fighting for the other one right now. I live in Lakewood Colorado. My husband works for the Denver, and I am in the medical health record field. Basically I audit. 

Good to be here! 

• mirm99
    by mirm99
    February 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    Hi im miriam.. im 24 im a mother of 3 gorgeous babies.. my ds4.. dd2.. sd1.. my journey as a SM isn't like most.. my dh and I separated and a month after our separation BM got pregnant.. it's been a rollercoaster full of drama.. tears .. andof course laughter and joy .. but I wouldnt change it for the world.. my sd saved my marriage id like to think and dh has changed tremendously since we reconciled.. I've been a SM since sd was 2 months old so a little over a year now and we currently have joint custody 50/50 so mon to mon every other week.. I've raised my sd.. BM has been in the pic.. but she picks and chooses when she wants ti be a mom to my poor baby.. so I guess Ive stepped up when she's not there for her and thanks to that.. sd and I are super close.. I love her as my own and care for her as my own.. and that's it I think!.. lol.. im super excited Lucy started this group and I can't wait to get to know you all!

My Stepchild is My Child

Previous Post Next Post
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts