News & Politics

Featured Posts
Billiejeens
Debt Up $6.666 Trillion Under Obama
February 4 at 3:41 PM

(CNSNews.com) - The debt of the U.S. government has increased $6.666 trillion since President Barack Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, according to the latest numbers released by the Treasury Department.

When President Obama was first inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt of the U.S. government was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to the Treasury Department’s Bureau of the Public Debt. As of Jan. 31, 2014, the latest day reported, the debt was $17,293,019,654,983.61—an increase of $6,666,142,606,070.53 since Obama’s first inauguration.

The total debt of the United States did not exceed $6.666 trillion until July 2003. In the little more than five years of the Obama presidency, the U.S. has accumulated as much new debt as it did in it’s first 227 years.

$6.666 Trillion Debt

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/debt-6666-trillion-under-obama#nationaldebt

Replies

• Billiejeens
    February 4 at 3:42 PM

Interesting number 666

Who woulda thunk it would be that number

Ok - me!

• -Celestial-
    February 4 at 4:17 PM
    How much under bush. How much did the war cost us. The tax cuts. TARP.
  • Ednarooni160
    Eds
    February 4 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting number 666

Ok - me!

Actually when I saw those numbers I was thinking.."those are SOME SCARY no's..lol

• gludwig2000
    February 4 at 5:23 PM

As soon as I read the title, I wondered if someone would go there, and look, you did if the very first reply,lol.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting number 666

Ok - me!

• mommie2madison
    February 4 at 5:59 PM

http://www.examiner.com/article/report-budget-deficit-drops-to-lowest-since-obama-took-office

• mommie2madison
    February 4 at 6:29 PM

Why is it being a 666 number even significant?  You could pick any particular day to use as a comparison that would make that work.  For example, on 1/20/2001 (Bush W inauguration), national debt was $5,727,776,738,304.64.  Almost two years to the day later he'd be at a 666... increase as well.  Is this the mark of Satan?  No - as N/D increases, it will eventually cross various 666... thresholds.  

Want to draw attention to the staggering increase in our N/D?  OK - here's another comparison.  Remember that $5.7.... trillion # I mentioned when Bush took office.  Look at the $10.6... trillion number 8 years later when Obama took office.  That's means in 8 years under Bush our N/D increased by 85.53%!

When Clinton took office on 1/20/1993 N/D was $4,188,092,107,183.60.  From there to Bush W's inaugural, just $1.5... trillion increase.  8 years under Clinton our N/D increased by only 36.76%!

The reality is that much of our N/D problems go back to the Reagan days - Reagan who purported that "deficits don't matter", implemented the voodoo economics, yet promised to provide a balanced budget and did not.  Neither did his successor Bush Sr (albeit that might not be entirely his fault).  When Clinton came in, he put an end to the nonsense and all but stopped the bleeding, but with a war & a recession hitting during Bush W's tenure, and Obama still trying to pick up the pieces of that mess - it becomes a finger pointing match, yet the problem long pre-dates anyone currently or recently involved.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html  (an older article, but still worthwhile)

• BaronSamedi
    February 5 at 2:02 PM

Those figure do not take into account the buying power of the dollar.  In other words they are  misrepresentation.  To be accurate the base lines need to be set.  If today's dollare is worth 15 cents to the 1919 dollar then the  total amount then can be caculated.  But first that value has to be in play.  With out it there is no way of making any sense of this.

• sillygirl83
    February 5 at 2:54 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting number 666

Ok - me!

• Billiejeens
    February 5 at 2:56 PM

The thought those words felt a little funny, and wet.

Quoting sillygirl83:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting number 666

Ok - me!

• motherslove82
    February 5 at 2:58 PM

I'm sure there will be several people in here in just a minute to tell us all the reasons why this is not his fault.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN