News & Politics

kcangel63
Veterans On A Rampage
October 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM
WASHINGTON - Thousands of people converged on the World War II Memorial on the National Mall on Sunday morning and tore down the barricades blocking it off, protesting the closure of the memorial during the federal government shutdown.

Beginning at about 9:30 a.m., Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, as well as former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were among the luminaries in a crowd that chanted "Tear down these walls!" and sang "God Bless America" as well as other patriotic songs as they entered the memorial, which has been closed since the government shutdown that began Oct. 1.

Tractor-trailers headed down 17th Street toward the Mall, blaring their horns. The Metropolitan Police Department blocked off the street, prompting the crowd to head up the street, shouting at the police to move their vehicles.

Palin said that closing the memorials was disgraceful, and that President Obama "could be here today, saying 'Yes, we can tear down these barricades."

Cruz said that President Obama was using veterans as political pawns in the shutdown. Lee shouted, "The sons and daughters of the United States of America are meant to live in liberty."

By 11 a.m., the group had headed back to the memorial, and dozens congregated around World War II veterans, shaking their hands and thanking them for their service.

Later in the morning, veteran Mike Lauriente was accepting handshakes from demonstrators. He served in Sicily and French Morocco, and declared the memorial, which he was seeing for the first time, beautiful. "The spirit that I see here is overwhelming."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=3479186

Replies

• X_Patriot_Mom_X
    October 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

they're not on a rampage darling they are pissed as hell and have every right to be.

• MomTiara19
    October 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/13/sarah-palin-decries-vets-props-vets-props-million-vet-march.html

Yes I agree president Obama and congress should tear down the barricades for our veterans and open the government for all Americans.

There are so many Americans suffering because of this government shutdown.We obviously need government and cant pick and chose what to open and not open.Just open the whole government to all Americans.

The whole shutdown is disgraceful and so unnecessary.

• 143myboys9496
    October 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

If Barry REALLY cared about the American people..(even JUST the ones that voted him into office), he'd negotiate. 

First he said he'd talk about a partial, temporary debt ceiling increase, when it was offered, he refused. He's should be behaving like the POTUS, not a pissed off mafia general. 

I'm not sayig the GOP are behaving any better. Both sides need to stop finger pointing, whining, and do what they're paid very well, to do. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/13/sarah-palin-decries-vets-props-vets-props-million-vet-march.html

Yes I agree president Obama and congress should tear down the barricades for our veterans and open the government for all Americans.

There are so many Americans suffering because of this government shutdown.We obviously need government and cant pick and chose what to open and not open.Just open the whole government to all Americans.

• kcangel63
    October 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    They are on a rampage (I'd say 2 of those fit). I just happen to fully support them. I say rampage away!!!

noun
    1. violent or excited behavior that is reckless, uncontrolled, or destructive.
    2. a state of violent anger or agitation: The smallest mistake sends him into a rampage. The river has gone on a rampage and flooded the countryside.

verb (used without object)
    1. to rush, move, or act furiously or violently: a bull elephant rampaging through the jungle.

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

they're not on a rampage darling they are pissed as hell and have every right to be.

• X_Patriot_Mom_X
    October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

but they weren't acting violently in any way. Nor were they destructive or reckless and uncontrolled...so no...not the word to really use. Because its use of words like that that stir up all the BS Lame stream media lovers. The people who would deem our Vets as "terrorists or anarchists" and so on.

Quoting kcangel63:

They are on a rampage (I'd say 2 of those fit). I just happen to fully support them. I say rampage away!!!

noun
    2. a state of violent anger or agitation: The smallest mistake sends him into a rampage. The river has gone on a rampage and flooded the countryside.

1. to rush, move, or act furiously or violently: a bull elephant rampaging through the jungle.

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

• grandmab125
    October 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Quoting 143myboys9496:

If Barry REALLY cared about the American people..(even JUST the ones that voted him into office), he'd negotiate. 

First he said he'd talk about a partial, temporary debt ceiling increase, when it was offered, he refused. He's should be behaving like the POTUS, not a pissed off mafia general.  Why do you think he chose Chicago as his home base after graduating from college?  It's the best place to learn mafia techniques of running things, and how to destroy your enemies.....Chicago thuggery.  Then, again, Chicago is probably the most corrupt city in the country..

I'm not sayig the GOP are behaving any better. Both sides need to stop finger pointing, whining, and do what they're paid very well, to do. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

• kcangel63
    October 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    I'm sure the police the confronted with the trucker situation thought rampage would be a good word.

No matter... Our government does view the veterans as terrorists. Just like they view the majority of Americans as terrorists. I'm sure they are preparing for widespread rampage (in all true definitions of the word). It will likely happen in a short time.

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

but they weren't acting violently in any way. Nor were they destructive or reckless and uncontrolled...so no...not the word to really use. Because its use of words like that that stir up all the BS Lame stream media lovers. The people who would deem our Vets as "terrorists or anarchists" and so on.

Quoting kcangel63:

noun

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

• X_Patriot_Mom_X
    October 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM

The government fk yea they live up to the term....bring it on...im ready.... :D

Quoting kcangel63:

I'm sure the police the confronted with the trucker situation thought rampage would be a good word.

No matter... Our government does view the veterans as terrorists. Just like they view the majority of Americans as terrorists. I'm sure they are preparing for widespread rampage (in all true definitions of the word). It will likely happen in a short time.

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

Quoting kcangel63:

noun

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

• JustCJ
    by JustCJ
    October 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    That Fucker wants to declare martial law.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

Quoting kcangel63:

noun

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

• MomofHDFandNWF
    October 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM

That they do....

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

News & Politics