News & Politics

Featured Posts
Ednarooni160
Jay Carney Twice Ignored a Fox News Reporter—And This Is How It Ended
Eds
October 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Jay Carney Twice Ignored a Fox News Reporter—And This Is How It Ended

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during a press briefing Friday afternoon repeatedly ignored Fox New’s Ed Henry, prompting the reporter to walk out of the meeting.

Carney called on nearly every reporter in the room before Henry even tried to ask a question. And when Henry did try, all he could get out was “Jay” before Carney turned his attention to The Chicago Tribune’s Christi Parsons.

Henry shook his head.

The Fox News reporter tried once more to ask a question. The White House press secretary once again ignored it.

Henry smiled politely, got up, and walked out of the briefing.

“While Fox News hasn’t always gotten a question at presidential press conferences, this was the first time in memory that a Fox News reporter wasn’t called on at a daily briefing,” Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher notes.

Do you think this was just an oversight on Carney’s part or do you think this is the beginning of a White House blackout on Fox News reporters?

Replies

• DSamuels
    October 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    Oversight? LMAO
  • Pema_Jampa
    October 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Okay

• kailu1835
    October 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me. Fox is one of the few conservative media outlets that will actually post the truth as opposed to shoving their noses up the white houses butt.
  • Analeigh2012
    October 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    It was no accident. Remember Ed and Jay got into a little verbal scuffle not too long ago. Jay Carney is nothing more than a petulant child and bully. He and the administration will try once again to block out FNC, but it will not work. The Fox reporters (not talking personalities and opinionators) are top in the field of journalism and are well respected.
  • Analeigh2012
    October 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Can you name some of these reporters you do not trust and say why you don't trust them? I am curious...

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust a FOX reporter if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 12, 2013 at 3:39 PM

The "beginning?"

No, I would say the beginning when the president started publicly criticizing Fox News - about three presidents ago, when FNC first started.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

When Carney disregarded him, Ed Henry looked at the reporter next to him and both smiled ironically.

Inside joke.

Just makes the O administration look petulant, vindictive, and biased. What else is new?

I feel sorry for Jay Carney's friends. He's so manipulative and never tells the truth. I would watch my stuff.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 12, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Luckily, FNC reporters wouldn't hold that against you.

They absolutely would do whatever they could to save your life.

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust a FOX reporter if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

• Billiejeens
    October 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust FOX if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

Do you use such horrible judgment in all of life's moments?

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Only when she is in a life and death situation.

She would also make sure the paramedics and doctors are all liberals, and that they had voted for Obama twice, before she would trust them.

Whereas most people would choose a surgeon based on their skills, she would ask them if they indeed read Democratic Underground and Politico every day.

She would tell them to make sure she bleeds blue, and not red. And it would be all over.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust FOX if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

Do you use such horrible judgment in all of life's moments?

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts