News & Politics

Featured Posts
Billiejeens
Perhaps the Saddest Shutdown Photo You’ll Ever See
October 12, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Poor kid. Obama ruined his day.
Check it out:

A picture of a small child in a monkey costume is quickly becoming the unofficial symbol of the government shutdown.

The photo went viral after it got posted to Reddit and then was shared on Twitter by Time magazine’s Alex Fitzpatrick, who called it “the absolute saddest #shutdown photo you will ever see.”

In the photo, the young child holds onto the locked gates of Washington’s National Zoo, which is part of the federal Smithsonian Institution. Above his head is a sign that says, “The Zoo is temporarily closed.”

The zoo also attracted national attention at the beginning of the shutdown when the budget impasse prompted its popular “panda cam” to go dark.

BWTZu3dCQAImrnJ

Replies

• SpnFulOfSugar
    October 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    That is pretty pitiful looking
  • pvtjokerus
    October 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM

.....sigh......

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Sure glad the illegal alien rally on the National Mall was given 'special consideration' by the White House (or shall I say Spite House).
  • jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    And before any possible emotionally charged liberal get their panties in a bunch over using the term 'illegal alien'. Just remember many government agencies refer to them as illegal aliens. There is nothing wrong with it, if the government does it, right?
  • Billiejeens
    October 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Quoting jcrew6:

And before any possible emotionally charged liberal get their panties in a bunch over using the term 'illegal alien'. Just remember many government agencies refer to them as illegal aliens. There is nothing wrong with it, if the government does it, right?

Nothing wrong with it anyway.

Unless one prefers Criminal Alien.

• paknari
    by paknari
    October 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    Who cares? Honestly, if the shutdown acuallty shut more than parks down maybe there would be
    A faster resolution.
  • Billiejeens
    October 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Quoting paknari:

Who cares? Honestly, if the shutdown acuallty shut more than parks down maybe there would be
    A faster resolution.

Why do you hate children in monkey costumes?

• PrimmednPunked
    October 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM

If someone gets their panties in a bunch over this then they need to look at the term

Illegal:  They didn't come here legally so what would that make them?

Alien:  Someone not from here.

So basically they are someone who isn't originally from here who came here but not through legal means.  Seems straight forward to me.

Quoting jcrew6:

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    Agree. Unfortunately, there are some liberals on here that I have called people a racist bigot for using the term illegal alien. As though it was a slur, and damn near hate crime... Even though no one referred to a specific race, or specific nationality.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

If someone gets their panties in a bunch over this then they need to look at the term

So basically they are someone who isn't originally from here who came here but not through legal means.  Seems straight forward to me.

Quoting jcrew6:

• PrimmednPunked
    October 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Sorry, raging liberals like that annoy me.

Get over it, the term isn't bigoted and any one who thinks it is has issues.

Quoting jcrew6:

Agree. Unfortunately, there are some liberals on here that I have called people a racist bigot for using the term illegal alien. As though it was a slur, and damn near hate crime... Even though no one referred to a specific race, or specific nationality.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting jcrew6:

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN