News & Politics

Featured Posts
SallyMJ
Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats
by SallyMJ
July 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

BY CHARLIE SPIERING | JULY 4, 2013 AT 8:50 AM Photo -   In recognition of Independence Day, Gallup has released a poll on whether American citizens are still proud to be American.

Ninety-three percent of Republicans indicate that they are “extremely/very proud” to be American while only 85 percent of Democrats feel the same way.

Eighty-one percent of political Independents indicate they are “extremely/very proud.”

Likewise, 89 percent of poll respondents who identified themselves as conservative are “extremely/very proud,” to be American compared to 76 percent of liberals.

Replies

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    July 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Even when a Democrat is President - 93% of Republicans more proud to be an American.

• blues_pagan
    July 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Honestly right now there isn't much about our country to be proud of.  "America the brave still fears what it doesn't know".

• joyfree
    by joyfree
    Kat
    July 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Therein lies the difference...

Quoting blues_pagan:

Honestly right now there isn't much about our country to be proud of.  "America the brave still fears what it doesn't know".

• -Celestial-
    July 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No. I am not proud to be an American. I cant take pride in something I had no control of. The womb I came out of just happened to be on this soil.

Pride is a deadly sin.

• kailu1835
    July 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    Not very surprising.
  • blues_pagan
    July 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM

The difference in what?  That liberals don't see the US through rose tinted glasses?  Sorry but this country has a lot to learn and has some definite steps to take to make it a better place.

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting blues_pagan:

• MomTiara19
    July 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Im very proud to be an American.I grew up respecting my country and still do.No place I would rather be.

patriotic

• lylalane7275
    July 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Me too.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Im very proud to be an American.I grew up respecting my country and still do.No place I would rather be.

patriotic

• joyfree
    by joyfree
    Kat
    July 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Actually, I was agreeing with you that many liberals(myself included) would be prouder if we did some things differently. Because we have to factor in the things we don't like, it reduces the score... Sorry that I was not more clear.

Quoting blues_pagan:

The difference in what?  That liberals don't see the US through rose tinted glasses?  Sorry but this country has a lot to learn and has some definite steps to take to make it a better place.

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting blues_pagan:

• codfish
    by codfish
    Jen
    July 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Why does this surprise anyone? I am an independent and yes I am proud to be an American. As a woman I can be anything I choose. I can practice my religion freely or oractice no religion. I can say what I want about our politicians and vote them out when they prove useless. I can work my butt off, start a business, and reap what I sow. My g-fathers both fought for me to have the rights that so many take for granted. No, America is not perfect. Feel free to show me a country that is. That is the beauty of America. You can bitch, moan, groan, complain, and bad mouth those who have and still do fight for your right to speak as you will.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN