News & Politics

Featured Posts
jcrew6
Have some Wisconsin Democrats just proposed one the dumbest gun control laws, ever?
by jcrew6
February 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

A Democratic state senator and three Democratic state representatives have circulated draft legislation that would ban civilian possession of hollow point or frangible ammunition in Wisconsin. According to existing Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regulations, sportsmen and women in Wisconsin must use such ammunition when hunting deer or bear. The Democratic lawmakers, two of whom are freshman, all hail from urban districts in the City of Milwaukee.

The reasoning behind the legislation is somewhat muddled. The impact, however, is quite clear. According to a legislative counsel review of the legislation, it would essentially make it impossible for civilians to hunt deer or bear in Wisconsin.

“The provision in the bill draft that provides whoever intentionally sells, transports or possesses any bullet that expands or flattens easily in the human body is guilty of a Class H felony conflicts with current DNR hunting rules.  Under s. NR 10.09 (1)(c)2., ‘no person shall hunt any deer or bear with any air rifle, rim-fire rifle, any center-fire rifle less than .22 caliber, any .410 bore or less shotgun or handgun loaded with .410 shotgun shell ammunition or with ammunition loaded with nonexpanding type bullets or ammunition loaded with shot other than a single slug or projectile.’ The bill draft does not provide an exception to the prohibition on possessing expanding bullets for deer or bear hunting.” (Emphasis added)

www.redstate.com/briansikma/2013/02/15/democrats-see-to-ban-hunting-ammunition-in-wisconsin/

www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/16/WI-Dems-Push-To-Ban-Self-Defense-and-Hunting-Ammunition

Replies

• Farmlady09
    February 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM

This is no more intelligent than those labeling the AR as an assault weapon given that in a few states it isn't considered powerful enough to humanely kill a deer and hunters are banned from using it for deer.

Dumb doesn't quite cover it imo.

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    February 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM

This is what happens when  dumbarse, ignorant liberals attempt to make laws for something they know little to nothing about.  

Quoting Farmlady09:

This is no more intelligent than those labeling the AR as an assault weapon given that in a few states it isn't considered powerful enough to humanely kill a deer and hunters are banned from using it for deer.

• Farmlady09
    February 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

That is one of the biggest flaws within our legal system today, and it needs to be addressed before any more laws (of any sort) are enacted by them. The only thing most of them are well versed in is 'law' and campaigning for more money and votes. That leaves them woefully incapable of introducing legislation of almost any sort except that which is more controlling, and that which generates more income for the government ~ and which subjects us to increasingly higher taxes and less freedom.

I used to joke about the fact that there were so many dumb people and so few comets. I honestly don't know if I can find any real humor in the statement at this point ~ and I apologize for my cynical attitude this evening. It's been a very long day ... but I'm convinced that most 'dumb' animals are far more intelligent than liberals (and a few others).  

Quoting jcrew6:

This is what happens when  dumbarse, ignorant liberals attempt to make laws for something they know little to nothing about.  

Quoting Farmlady09:

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    February 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yep.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting Farmlady09:

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts