News & Politics

sweet-a-kins
This is disgusting - UPDATE with video...boo hoo playing the victim, they are only picking on me because I'm a conservative! lol
February 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Todd Kincannon, Former South Carolina GOP Executive Director, Defends Trayvon Martin Tweets (VIDEO)

Todd Kincannon
Todd Kincannon says he has every right to make inflammatory statements on Twitter like the ones he tweeted about Trayvon Martin during the Super Bowl.

Former South Carolina GOP executive director Todd Kincannon is known for making provocative statements on Twitter, but his latest series of tweets has caused an uproar on the Internet and even brought on death threats.

During the Super Bowl Sunday evening, Kincannon sent out a wave of racially-charged tweets bashing the game,including one that referenced Trayvon Martin.

On HuffPost Live Monday, Kincannon defended his tweets, claiming that they were nothing more than satire, but that they highlight just how politicized the Trayvon Martin case has become.

"The left has decided that Trayvon Martin was just this perfect little angel," Kincannon said. "He was a thug. He 
tweeted about drug use. This guy, he was a criminal, and the left has decided to make him some sort of martyr. That is what I don't understand."

Kincannon's inciteful words about Martin didn't end with those made during the Super Bowl. On Monday, Kincannon went as far as comparing Martin to Columbine gunmen Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

Speaking to HuffPost Live's Jacob Soboroff and Alyona Minkovski, Kincannon tried to argue that the response to his statements are because he is a conservative. He said he understands some find his words to be "tasteless," but that it's time for Americans to be able to say what they actually think without being afraid.

"I stand for free speech and I stand for honest speech, and I think more people need to use it," Kincannon said.

Replies

• MsDenuninani
    February 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I avoid reading stupid (and racist) things people say on twitter on purpose.

I find that doing so helps me keep faith in humanity.

• mikiemom
    February 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Can't wait to see how certain ladies defend this. Yes this is disgusting, what is disgusting is that racism is really not veilled anymore.

• Luv.My.Kidz
    February 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

WOW... of all the things

• soonergirl980
    February 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    Disgusting glad he is no longer a part of the SC GOP
  • sweet-a-kins
    February 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Me too, he should not be in a leadership position ANYWHERE

Quoting soonergirl980:

Disgusting glad he is no longer a part of the SC GOP

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    February 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Vile trash saying crap like this. Vile trash equating republicans to terrorists. Extremists gone mad with Twitter and social media outlets give them a platform.
  • rccmom
    by rccmom
    February 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Horrible people exist. Unfortunately technology gives them a broad platform to spew their hate.

• sweet-a-kins
    February 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

More from him

He gas said some ignorant mess in the past as well. He went on to say this:@ ToddKincannon @DAWNCATHERINE I appreciate you! I agree that Trayvon Martin was a dangerous thug who needed to be put down like a rabid dog.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

• sweet-a-kins
    February 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

and you say nothing of the "vile trash" saying the same of liberals/progressives/dems....of course not

of the "vile trash" that brag about their love of guns as families buried their 1st graders...

Quoting jcrew6:

Vile trash saying crap like this. Vile trash equating republicans to terrorists. Extremists gone mad with Twitter and social media outlets give them a platform.

• JakeandEmmasMom
    February 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Gross.  Not even trying to hide it.

News & Politics