News & Politics

Featured Posts
Meadowchik
No Assault Rifle Used at Sandy Hook Tragedy ETA: OP Retracted
January 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

According to the state police, the NBC footage was incorrect:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php

"

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle

Neil Vigdor
Published 10:06 pm, Thursday, January 24, 2013
  • State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard / Connecticut Post
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard | Buy This Photo
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in...

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into the worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php#ixzz2JUj72DHO

Apparently my OP is wrong, and I sincerely apologize.

I am posting this video because it has footage on NBC admitting that only hand guns were used in the shooting, it has more commentary after that clip.

The shooter, Adam Lanza, tried to obtain an assault rifle from a gun store on December 11th but was prevented due to the waiting period required by the state of Connecticut.  He did have an AR-15 in the trunk of his mother's car, but did not take it into the school.

This has probably been gone over before, but I thought it deserved its own post.

Replies

• NewMom11222011
    January 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I am not surprised at this.  This is what the original report said on the day of the shooting.

• mama2beautiesnb
    January 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    sadly not only will this be ignored, but probably mocked as well by those whose agenda it does not help.
  • Kate_Momof3
    January 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM

OMG. Source?

I realize there's a lot of debate over the definition of "assault weapon", but I'd really like to see a source that says the AR-15 wasn't used.

What about high capacity clips?

• LuvmyAiden
    January 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

From what I have seen ALL the major networks have aired comments admitting that it was ONLY handguns. That is what was originally reported the day of as well. I was watching it. There is no debate on what an assault rifle is, it is pretty plain actually. Assault weapon is a made up term used to scare people so a definition there is certainly fuzzy. MOST handguns hold more than 10 rounds so you could reasonably assume there was hi cap mags in the handguns, not that it changes things either way. They are magazines by the way, clips is very much the wrong term. The AR was in the trunk of the car as clearly seen on the breaking video that morning. 

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

OMG. Source?

I realize there's a lot of debate over the definition of "assault weapon", but I'd really like to see a source that says the AR-15 wasn't used.

• DSamuels
    January 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I posted something from MotherJones, of all sites, saying that handguns are used in most mass shootings from 1982-2012 NOT "assault" weapons. 

• Citygirlk
    January 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

What????

• Sisteract
    January 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM

How does this or the deaths of 28 people help or strengthen the gun fanatics POV? 

No one needs an arsenal to protect themselves or to provide food for their families-

• Citygirlk
    January 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

All news sources that day said the ar 15 was used. This whole thing is just fishy. I'm not saying its a conspiracy  but if it quack like a duck....

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

OMG. Source?

• mikiemom
    January 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

logic and reality screw with their sense of well their entire world.

Quoting Sisteract:

How does this or the deaths of 28 people help or strengthen the gun fanatics POV? 

No one needs an arsenal to protect themselves or to provide food for their families-

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN