News & Politics

SallyMJ
Not “Racist” To Disagree With Obama
by SallyMJ
January 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Angie Harmon

Actress Angie Harmon has caused liberals to whine by standing up her politically-correct peers in Hollywood and declaring that it is not “racist” to disagree with the policies of Barack Obama.

“Here’s my problem with this, I’m just going to come out and say it,” Harmon told reporters at a recent event. “If I have anything to say against Obama it’s not because I’m a racist, it’s because I don’t like what he’s doing as President and anybody should be able to feel that way, but what I find now is that if you say anything against him you’re called a racist.”

“But it has nothing to do with it, I don’t care what color he is. I’m just not crazy about what he’s doing and I heard all about this, and he’s gonna do that and change and change, so okay … I’m still dressing for a recession over here buddy and we’ve got unemployment at an all-time high and that was his number one thing and that’s the thing I really don’t appreciate. If I’m going to disagree with my President, that doesn’t make me a racist. If I was to disagree with Bush or Clinton, that doesn’t make me racist. It has nothing to do with it, it is ridiculous.”

Replies

• rccmom
    by rccmom
    January 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Of course it doesn't, and agreeing with him doesn't mean you are not a racist. However, seeing how this Preseident has been commented on and treated has let me realize the are still quite a few racist people out there. 

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I have always been very curious that liberals accuse people of racism for:

- Disagreeing with Obama

- Disagreeing with anyone who is black, who is a liberal / progressive

- Agreeing with anyone who is a black conservative

- Supporting small government and a balanced budget

- Being conservative - no matter my ethnicity

- Using the following words and phrases: Chicago, small government, cut spending, decrease taxes, liberty, the Constitution, fiscal responsibility, structural reform of entitlements, welfare requiring able bodied citizens to return to work in 5 years, church, religion, Christian, black market, black hole, black mark, blackout, staying in the black, black box, blacksmith, black licorice, little black book, blackstrap molasses, fade to black. (well maybe not those last six ones).  :)

But, seriously, liberals / progressives say it is impossible for them to be racist, for blacks and other minorities to be racist, that using these "dog whistle" words above are OK for them and not for us, and even the N word and the other N word are OK for them to use about black conservatives. It's crazy!

Libs - Why the discrepancy? Why the double standard? Aren't we all subject to the same laws, the same expectations? Don't we all have freedom of speech and the right to have our own opinion? Is it "Do as I say, and not as I do"? This is so confusing and infuriating and ironic. The people who claim to be the most tolerant and openminded of all turn out in actuality to be the most intolerant and bigoted of all. Why is that?

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM

In what way?

This is the whole point. Obama and supporters claim that disagreement with him by the opposite party = racism. It doesn't. You even admit that. How can you say then that you think it is racist? Those are opposite positions.

Quoting rccmom:

Of course it doesn't, and agreeing with him doesn't mean you are not a racist. However, seeing how this Preseident has been commented on and treated has let me realize the are still quite a few racist people out there. 

• PamR
    by PamR
    January 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Of course you can disagree with him and not be a racist.

It's when you question whether or not he's an American citizen/secret Muslim/terrorist in disguise, that you might have formed these opinions based on racism.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Negative.

Obama was very slow on providing his birth certificate to the American people. I think 2011? He purportrated his own rumors.

McCain's citizenship was also questioned, because he was born in Panama. He provided information to clear that up, being the son of American diplomats.

And Obama admitted to being raised Muslim.

None of those are racist.

You are the only person I've heard mention anything about being a "secret terrorist", so that's your own issue.

Quoting PamR:

Of course you can disagree with him and not be a racist.

It's when you question whether or not he's an American citizen/secret Muslim/terrorist in disguise, that you might have formed these opinions based on racism.

• OneDay.
    by OneDay.
    January 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    I don't think disagreeing with him makes someone racist.
  • Erinelizz
    January 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    Is it okay for me to call my BIL a racist when he says "I'm not listening to a thing that n****r says, he should be plowing my fields."?????
  • Friday
    by Friday
    January 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I agree with her. Just like it wasn't treason to disagree with Dubya.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Huh?

Quoting Erinelizz:

Is it okay for me to call my BIL a racist when he says "I'm not listening to a thing that n****r says, he should be plowing my fields."?????

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I agree.

Except it ain't Friday yet!  :)

Quoting Friday:

I agree with her. Just like it wasn't treason to disagree with Dubya.

News & Politics