News & Politics

Featured Posts
Clairwil
Are followers of the other party moral people?
January 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

For Democrats who don't think Republicans are moral, and Republicans who don't think Democrats are moral:

Replies

• mikiemom
    January 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I think there are moral people on both sides of the fence. I don't think being christian is a definition of morality. I believe people can be moral with or without religion. If you (general you) can't tell the difference between right and wrong, you don't lack religion, you lack empathy. I see a major lack of empathy among the right wing ladies that post on this board.

• JustCJ
    by JustCJ
    January 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I think there are people with morals on all sides. Same as there are people without morals on all sides.

I'm also sane enough, not to base my opinions, by women on the internet.

• romalove
    January 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have always simplified (maybe even over simplified) the differences between those on the right and the left by their idea of what government is for.  Most on the right think the smallest government is best, stay out of the way of people and they can take care of themselves.  Most on the left think government is there to help the people and take care of those who haven't been able to do so for themselves.

Neither side has a monopoly on morality.  It's a difference of philosophy.

I will say the melding of religion on the right has skewed that vision for many, making them equate their conservative views with morals and thinking those who are therefore on the opposite side lack them.

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting mikiemom:

I think there are moral people on both sides of the fence. I don't think being christian is a definition of morality. I believe people can be moral with or without religion. If you (general you) can't tell the difference between right and wrong, you don't lack religion, you lack empathy. I see a major lack of empathy among the right wing ladies that post on this board.

what she said to a T

• babie113
    January 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Everyone has our own morals. They differ from person to person but I don't think anyone is more or less moralistic
    Just everyone has different views on what's moral
  • babie113
    January 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    I agree

Quoting mikiemom:

• LucyMom08
    January 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

There are moral and immoral people in all walks of life...no one party is mutually exclusive or inclusive to morality...

By the way, side note...I LOVE TED Talks...

• LucyMom08
    January 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I love what he says about 'openness to experience' and yin/yang...I love that whole video!

• JakeandEmmasMom
    January 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'm not able to watch the video right now, so this may be non-responsive to the clip, but I think that both sides are moral.  The difference is simply that they have different approaches for dealing with society's problems.  I would argue that both approaches are moral in their own way.

• jaxTheMomm
    January 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I can't watch it right now, either.  But yes, there are moral and immoral people on every side of, well, everything.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts